Interim Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are seeking an experienced Interim Facilities Manager who can commence employment immediately for an initial period of 1-3 months.
The Facilities Manager will have responsibility for the day-to-day running of Facilities at the Companies offices nationally and also in America.
The role will be based in the clients’ London head office and the Facilities Manager will be required to pro-actively manage and resolve all facilities issues by working alongside and managing the Facilities Assistant and Receptionist.
General Facilities Requirements
- The role will act as the first point of contact on all facilities matters for staff, contractors and suppliers.
- Be on call (24/7) for security/building issues, alarm activation issues.
- Oversee all security issues; this will involve management of the access control system, alarm systems, CCTV systems and all key holder details.
- Ensure that all required policies, procedures and processes are documented and kept up to date.
- Manage all property related issues for the Company including all insurances and contracts that relate to the properties.
- Manage the facilities budget (both opex and capex), through its careful management this role will negotiate, purchase and maintain suppliers of required services such as cleaning and maintenance as well as office equipment, taxis and catering.
- Liaise with the Landlord’s agents regarding arrangements for all building matters, i.e. common parts, repairs, maintenance, security, works, and permissions.
- Liaise with the other tenants within Head Office and at other sites with regards to common building matters.
- Manage and supervise all contractors visiting the premises in a professional and courteous manner as well as project managing all building work, repairs and refurbishment.
- Manage all floor plans and any required moves and changes within the business.
- Managing the Facilities Assistant and Receptionist in all their duties including covering their roles where necessary.
- Carry out any other duties that are considered to be the responsibility of the Facilities Department.
Health and Safety
- Be responsible for health & safety and risk management issues. This will require undertaking regular risk assessments, ensuring floor walks are completed, work station risk assessments (DSE) and management of risks in building
- Ensure that all required Health and Safety policies, procedures and processes are documented and kept up to date.
- Coordinate all fire evacuations and act as Head Fire Warden.
- Coordinate external training for staff on Health & Safety topics as and when required including Fire Warden and First Aid training.
- Be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of relevant elements of the Group Disaster Recovery Plan from an operational, accommodation and people aspect
- Be responsible for Business Continuity Management from a facilities perspective.
- Experience of looking after critical server rooms backed up by UPS and/or generators.
- Ideally will have in excess of 3 years’ experience as a Facilities Manager or similar background in a comparable sized business.
- Must possess good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Be proactive and show the flexibility (in exceptional circumstances) to work, and be contactable out of normal office hours.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Be able to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrate managerial skills of more junior staff.
- Have GCSE C grades (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Be a member of the BIFM.
- IOSH Certificate.
If this role is of interest, please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to discuss further or to apply.