Head of Health and SafetyBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are delighted to be assigned to manage the recruitment process for the Head of Health and Safety position working within an extremely exciting property and development company. In this role you will be working alongside a really dynamic team and be surrounded by creative individuals. This newly formed role will operate across all levels within the business, influencing directors and employees to achieve the highest standard of health and safety operations at every owned, managed or associated sites.
- Health & Safety Policy management / update and procedural review / update and implementation
- Involvement & advice on site specific Health & Safety matters, including incident & accident management.
- Audit programme to OHS 18001/OHS 45001 on Development / Strat land / their offices and Investment sites including analysis of all Health & Safety systems.
- Chairing of H&S Board meetings, advising departmental heads and delivery of company Health & Safety statistics to the board
- Oversight and reduction strategy on accidents / incidents on portfolios / their offices.
- Claims management (linked to above).
- Management of SHE consultants used in co-ordination with the Head of FM.
- Review of H&S systems currently used – Riskwise / WISE & partially Elogbooks (FM system).
- Creation and management of specific documentation and procedures to improve and streamline Health & Safety management on owned or managed sites.
- Updating of Vine intranet page with legislative updates / procedure etc.
- Involvement in the ongoing rolling contractor verification programme under SSIP schemes and company requirements.
- Review / audit of approved contractors’ activities – put in place a random audit programme of managed and development sites work activities.
- DDA involvement – TBC.
- Advice on operational matters – new sites / existing projects etc.
- Positive reporting – best improvement (site) / improver (person) awards management. Training management – oversight of service providers of company H&S training / delivery of company policy / procedural training sessions in Leeds / London or as elsewhere decided. Statutory Authority & Enforcement officer liaison representing should it be so required.
- Client Focus – willingness to understand and meet the needs of both internal and external clients in order to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Team Working – works co-operatively with others, quickly builds the trust of others builds rapport and relationships.
- Technical Expertise – has the skills, knowledge and experience required to perform their role
- Communication and Influence – communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Personal Management – prioritises tasks effectively in order to deliver to agreed deadlines, keeping others informed and manage your own time effectively, including timekeeping.
- Commitment to Excellence – uses their initiative, adapts positively to change and is proactive in finding solutions to issues. Focuses on delivery quality work at all times.
- 10 years + in senior Health & Safety role with;
- Construction Management experience – site level and strategic ideally.
- Investment Management experience – site level and strategic ideally.
- Ability to produce accurate and correctly presented documentation.
- Excellent scheduling and travel logistic skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Well-developed communication and reading skills including excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data in a logical manner.
- Excellent proof reading and attention to detail skills.
- Must have experience of working as part of a team.
- Organisation and flexibility are important skills for this role along with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Environmental qualifications – NEBOSH or degree (CIEH)
- Other relevant qualification
- CPD record of continuous learning in relevant areas
Key Skills Required
- Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate well, orally and written.
- Leadership in training is expected.
- Workflow management i.e. effective organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Must be able to travel / drive.
If you think you could be a suitable candidate for this role please contact the team on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.