Interim Maintenance Support OfficerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful education establishment, are now looking for an interim maintenance support officer to join their team.
This role will support the A/C and ventilation manager and act as a lead on specialist ventilation contracts so a HVCA background is desirable.
The role will also have a small amount of budgetary control.
- To assist Building Service Engineers in the delivery of their maintenance contracts.
- Help develop and deliver M&E engineering services to meet EM&I priorities, through a range of service providers.
- Assist in the preparation, prioritisation, co-ordination and delivery of assigned projects and programmes, including :- Planned works, Long Term Maintenance, one-off projects and business improvement work-streams.
- Respond as necessary to identify and manage the resolution of reported breakdowns, faults and problems.
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate and deliver projects/tasks; liaise closely with other Professional & Technical staff within Estates to ensure coordinated, effective, customer focused solutions and delivery.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers to meet the overall mission of the company.
- Procure, commission and manage a range of services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate.
- Audit the performance of service providers, including contractors and DLO as appropriate.
- Carry out pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations etc.
- Manage/undertake inspections, surveys, risk assessments, feasibility studies and diagnostic fault finding and initiate appropriate actions; establish the most practical and effective resolution of problems.
- Manage maintenance projects ensuring compliance with specifications, cost estimates and timescales.
- Prepare regular management/performance information to Team Leader and EM&I Senior Management Team as required.
- Oversee delegated budgets for assigned programmes and service provisions.
- Liaise frequently with other Estates Project Managers to ensure that maintenance needs arising from new construction and major refurbishment are recognised, recorded and planned for.
- Ensure the accurate and timely compilation and maintenance of essential records and data; maintain relevant records, inputting data to systems as required; assist in the compilation of detailed asset registers.
- Contribute positively to EM&I’s collective approach to managing the effective procurement and performance of service providers, including service standards, costs, health & safety.
- Drive Contactor management (Financial, Quality, Site management/safety, and Performance) taking ownership as client representative on project works, service delivery within role.
- Relevant professional HVAC experience.
- Evidence of ongoing self- development/training.
- ITT literate using standard business software i.e. Word, Excel
- Extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge
including the management of maintenance operations using contractors and directly employed staff; Thorough knowledge and experience of maintenance operations in a large multi- site organisation
- Project management, contract procurement and service management in changing environment.
- Surveys, inspections and fault finding are carried out throughout buildings
- including in plant rooms, service ducts/shafts, roofs, laboratories etc where
- access may be awkward and where conditions may be hot and noisy; an awareness of hazardous situations is essential, for example, fragile roofs, asbestos, exposed machinery, steam plant, live electrical equipment etc.
- Managing maintenance work requires compliance with site health and safety rules which include wearing personal protective equipment and could involve climbing ladders, scaffolding etc.
- Work outside of core hours where appropriate to meet business requirements.
- If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.