Retail Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client, one of the UK’s more prominent fashion / retail businesses, is currently looking to appoint this new role.
The main role of the Retail Facilities Assistant is to ensure that all facilities and maintenance issues for the UK, European and US stores are dealt with promptly, efficiently, and within budget parameters. This is to be completed without impacting on trade, plus ensuring all health and safety issues are prioritised.
- Source suppliers who can action all maintenance job types small or large whilst retaining the highest quality and value for money.
- Ensure prompt repairs of all infrastructure/facilities within stores.
- Manage maintenance contracts, store services and suppliers to ensure that stores run efficiently.
- Ensure that all stores and related equipment are maintained correctly on a regular basis and comply with all current HSE legislation.
- Travel for store visits is essential.
- Review weekly invoice file – input and record all authorised payments. Highlight and investigate all anomalies within the invoicing.
- Ensure purchase orders are produced per job and sign off is received prior to works being undertaken. Maintain a signed purchase order file by store and for general works/events.
- Prepare annual facilities budget for all stores.
- Maintain the store database of all outstanding works that need urgent attention. Distribute to the Facilities Manager and Retail Operations Manager for reference purposes.
- Assist the VM & Operations department with the opening of new stores and existing store refurbishments.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with any additional Head Office requirements and other Retail functions on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensure the emergency out of hours contact list is kept updated and be the first point of contact in case of emergencies.
- Stationery ordering for all stores.
- All UK, European and US Stores
- Internally – Facilities Manager, Retail Operations Manager, Regional Retail Managers and Accounts Department.
- External companies – All external contractors and contacts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two year’s experience in a facilities administration role would be an advantage.
- Good Microsoft Office Skills – Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with suppliers and senior management.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Good numeracy – understanding/experience of financial processes and budgets.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- A working knowledge of health and safety would be an advantage but not essential.
HOURS AND BENEFITS:
Flexible Working Hours: 37 Hours per week. Core hours; 10am – 4pm, Friday 30 mins earlier finish time. 1 hour for lunch break.
- Pension scheme – 8% company contribution
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Travel card loan
- 25 days’ annual leave inclusive of Christmas shutdown day
- Staff Purchase Discount Scheme
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay.