Head of Estates & FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens has been assigned by their client, a leading educational establishment to recruit a Head of Estates and Facilities to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership and effective management of the Estates and Facilities team and to manage and be accountable for the efficient and effective provision of comprehensive client centred services for estates planning, management and facility support activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage in liaison others the tendering process of all Estates Maintenance Contracts.
- To manage the account managers for all outsources services and resolve any contract issues that may arise.
- To manage change and continuous improvement for the areas of responsibility.
- To develop and sustain services for learners, take responsibility for all security issues relating to staff, learners and visitors and advise the college senior managers on security issues.
- Liaise with all externally appointed building and security professionals (surveyors, architects, contractors, project managers etc. as may be employed).
- Ensure the work of all externally appointed building and security and other professionals meets the quality standards stipulated by the college. Certify satisfactory completion of work. Ensure that the estates and assets of the college are appropriately registered and insured. Keep the college’s estates requirements under review and ensure appropriate forward planning.
- Fulfil the college’s responsibilities as the owner of the land and building, to employees, students and other authorised personnel who use the college premises.
- To lead on the planned maintenance plan and ensure its delivery within given timescales.
- To prepare and execute Service Level Agreements for the Estates service.
- To meet with managers on a regularly to discuss the address Estates related issues.
- To be a member of the College Health & Safety Committee.
- Write and provide reports to the Senior Leadership Team and Board Committees as appropriate.
- Exemplify the Colleges leadership behaviours.
- Be a member of the Emergency Response team
- Prepare budgets for capital and minor building work, maintenance, security etc. Provide costings to managers across the college for building projects across the college
- Control the Estates and capital programme budgets by implementing Value for Money strategies.
- Monitor cost against budget and act to reduce adverse variances. Certify payments to college contractors.
- Operate a system of orders and payments consistent with College Financial Regulations. Purchase goods with consideration for obtaining value for money.
- Ensure full compliance with the College financial regulations and use appropriate purchasing contracts the college is party to.
- Be aware of, and comply with, legislations/competence standards relevant to the work of the Directorate.
- Comply with all college policies, including the Policy to Promote Equality of Opportunity, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Safeguarding and Prevent.
- Assist as required during examination and enrolment periods.
- Be conversant with Health and Safety Requirements
- Participate in the Staff Development, Review and Appraisal Scheme.
- Undertake such duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you, commensurate with your grade and general level of responsibility, at your main place of work or at any other establishment for which the College provides services.
- To hold and maintain College alcohol licence.
- It would be desirable if you are Educated up to degree level or equivalent with Appropriate buildings management qualifications e.g. BIFM
- UK Driving Licence
- Proven experience of managing a facilities team, preferably in a large organisation
- Knowledge of facilities improvement strategies and understanding the relationship between strategic and operational planning to improve outcomes
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, including good practice in relation to caretaking/cleaning/hygiene.
- Experience of managing maintenance contracts
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email your CV to email@example.com to apply.