Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading property management company, are now looking for an ambitious and experienced Facilities Manager to join their team covering a world-class retail estate in central London supplying the facilities for the whole estate occupied by premium brands.
The FM will ensure that the contract is run within its contractual obligation and is performing to the required levels of quality and service at all times and all work is carried out in full compliance with all health and safety regulations.
This is a heavily customer focused role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all day to day aspects relating to the management of the onsite maintenance team and within the contract specification to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets – delivery made through effective deployment and management of resources.
- Responsible for the statutory compliance of required regulations and ensuring ALL records are kept up to date and ready for inspection by our client, or any other professional body.
- Liaise and work with the compliance manager on the achieving full compliance via the estate H & S and Fire Risk Assessments
- Act as a role model for people management processes, ensuring they are followed to clarify objectives, actively manage performance and develop skills. Ensures areas of responsibilities follow Company’s processes at all times – including Real Flair T&A, Financial Analysis/Reporting, People Management and HR policies. Drive implementation of best practices across all sites by establishing performance metrics (KPI’s/SLA’s) that promote excellence and best practices
- Control and issuing of consumable materials, ensuring stock rotation and safety in storage. Order consumable materials as required following Company procedures through nominated suppliers approved by Incentive FM Ltd
- Develop effective relationships with clients and stakeholders ensuring their satisfaction with service delivery and meet regularly with senior client management to further develop the relationships.
- To lead excellent communications throughout the contract and to champion the motivation for all staff. Being prepared to undertake any such duties, which may be necessary to ensure the successful operation of the contract and the good name of the Company. To travel to all sites regularly to achieve optimum communications with staff and client.
- Manage staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave to ensure staff are paid correctly. Report data to the Regional Facilities Manager on a monthly basis, or when requested
- To set objectives for direct reports and review regularly. Ensure same approach and mechanisms for all staff across the contract. Ensures effective performance management is applied – developing staff with potential, addressing poor performance issues to resolution.
- Provide efficient and effective delivery by driving optimised productivity.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Comply with all Company & client policies and processes using best practice methods.
- Accountable for contract financial performance and risk management.
Works within budgetary guidelines and ensures compliance.
- Promotes innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team and contract.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- To attend any meetings or training courses as required.
- Maintenance of company & client dashboards as relevant to contract.
- Overall people responsibility for both cleaning teams and engineers.
- Ensures compliance with HR policy and procedures.
- Determines resource requirements and allocates appropriate resource.
- Identifies people related risks and suggests solutions.
- Able to conclude all internal disciplinary issues.
- Source & implement training & tool box talk structure & maintenance of staff personal training records & training matrix.
- Liaise with direct reports to identify training required to implement the standards to facilitate the running of contract and deliver training as required.
- Perform regular appraisals/job chats with staff.
- Complete all paperwork and relevant checks for all new starters.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service.
- Immediately report any incidents of accident, near misses, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Hold regular monthly meetings with staff to maintain a healthy working environment and discuss satisfaction and communication.
- Track record of successful operations on large sites; Understanding of cleaning and engineering processes and procedures in compliance with BICS’s and FSG20.
- People skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Understanding of service delivery to high end clients.
- Experience in managing customer excellence delivery and stakeholder management.
- Advanced PC Skills. Computer Literate (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Customer Service Training
- IOSH Level 3 Managing Safely
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.