Facilities Services Assistant ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a globally recognised insurance company, are now looking for a Facilities Services Assistant Manager to join their immaculate offices based in Surrey.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Assists Facilities Services Manager in overseeing and supporting Managers and/or Supervisors who are responsible for the provision to the Business Unit or Line of Business for the following services:
• Client Hospitality & Events
• Staff Dining Catering & Vending
• Facilities Help Desk / Meeting Room Booking System
• Reception / Concierge / Front of House Operations
• Post Room / Print Room
• Cleaning / Waste Management / Recycling
• Office Moves
• Liaises with the Facilities Services Manager and Regional Cluster Leads with regard to service levels/ KPI’s and understanding business needs.
• Assists Facilities Service Manager in maintaining and supporting Managers with the adherence of service levels and associated key performance indicators.
• Assists Facilities Services Manager in the liaison with Colleagues, users and service partners regularly to discuss issues, costing and evaluation in order to improve ways of working.
• Assists Facilities Services Manager with developing and initiating new and/or more cost-effective methods and improving service levels within budgets and/or saving targets.
• Assists Facilities Services Manager in developing and maintaining operating procedures and policies for all areas within their control.
• Assists Facilities Services Manager in developing and maintaining a regime of communication with key stakeholders and other teams.
• Assists Facilities Services Manager in operational expenditure ensuring services are delivered on or under pre-agreed budget and, authorises expenditure within those boundaries.
• Assists Facilities Services Manager in negotiation with suppliers via Expense Management on equipment and procures contract services in order to achieve the best possible rates to the Group.
• Assists the Facilities Services Manager in managing the health & safety global program and environmental issues in conjunction with Health & Safety Officer.
Assists with general Facilities Services administration including but not limited to:
• Office signage
• Space planning
• Office communication
• All H&S administration
• Assists the Facilities Services Manager with projects and the roll out of any global standards.
• Flexibility to assist Facilities Services Managers and Facilities Services Regional Leads in all GB locations should the need arise to support Facilities Services operations and/ or projects.
• Support the Facilities Services Manager with all people management activity including but not limited to:
• Monitoring overtime levels
• Monitoring agency staff levels.
• Knowledge and experience in a similar FM role
• Financial knowledge
• Good Inter-personal communication skills and must be able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
• Man-management skills
• Mature and efficient attitude
• Patience and diplomacy
• Negotiation Skills
• Self-motivated, shows initiative in acting and responding appropriately
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude.
• BIFM qualification or equivalent
• Basic H&S Qualification e.g. IOSH Managing Safely
• HND or OND in Hotel & Catering Management or equivalent
• Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
• Certificate in HACCP Principles.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.