Shift TechnicianBack to Vacancies List
The Shift Technician is part of a team working a four-on four-off shift system (2 days/2 nights) providing the property with a 24/7 engineering presence. You will be an integral part of the wider team ensuring that the engineering services are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance in accordance with HVAC SFG20/CIBSE guidelines utilising the Concept system and additionally reactive maintenance / projects / minor works / emergencies relating to the operation of the building’s electrical and mechanical building services as directed.
- To undertake all machinery / plant room cleaning to the agreed schedules.
- To participate in the site inductions for contractors, as required.
- Carryout out minor electrical and mechanical installations, as and when requested.
- Assist in the management and coordination of contractors.
- Deputise for the Senior Shift technician during their absence.
- Ensure that materials required to carry out your tasks are reported as required for re-ordering.
- Identify, manage and report any risks, accidents or near misses in a timely manner.
- Work with and escort contractors during maintenance visits, ensuring that working guidelines are followed at all times
- To respond quickly and effectively to any building alarms received from the helpdesk or BMS, and to escalate alarms where necessary, record all reactive task in the shift log
- Uphold the integrity of the company at all times and ensure provision of high levels of customer service are provided.
- To undertake or complete reactive tasks which arise outside of normal hours when on shift and assist during office hours where peaks in demand for reactive works are identified.
- Complete water treatment tasks in the absence of or to aid those who hold daily responsibility as directed by the Technical Services Manager and/or General Manager.
- Assist in developing managing and coordinating the process of continually reviewing and improving both directly delivered and contracted services.
- Ensure the timely return of all PPMs before month end, following up on all recommendations that you have added onto the PPM schedule.
Health & Safety
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at works.
- To co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable the company to comply fully and at all times with its legal duties regarding health, safety and welfare matters.
- Never to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- To familiarise yourself with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and to comply fully at all times with the company’s health, safety, welfare and fire arrangements.
- To report immediately all accidents involving injuries and illness verbally to your immediate superior and a First Aider and make or have made on your behalf, an entry in the company’s Accident Book.
- Never to use any machinery, work equipment, dangerous substance, transport equipment, system of work or safety device unless you have been authorised to do so and then only in accordance with any training received by you and any instructions provided to you.
- Never to perform work you are not qualified to do or have not been properly trained for.
- To inform the company immediately of any work situation which you reasonable consider represents a serious and immediate danger to health and safety or represents a shortcoming in the company’s arrangements health and safety.
- To report to the company any medical condition you have and any mediation or substance you are taking which could affect the safety of yourself or others.
- To seek medical treatment for all injuries you sustain (no matter how slight they appear).
- If required, to co-operate fully and promptly with any accident investigation carried out by the company
- Level 4 technical qualification with documentary evidence of vocational training (i.e. Apprenticeship or NVQ 3)
- Evidence of IOSH Working Safely Qualification (within the last five years).
- A JIB/ ECS/CSCS/CITB card or other Government Safety Passport scheme card holder with the last five years.
- Not less than 3 years vocational experience.
- Have previously carried out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with SFG20/CIBSE guidelines.
- Have previously worked with MS Suite of Software and able to use MS Outlook email.
- Have previous experience of plant room cleaning activity and understand the benefit of good plant husbandry to aid identification of emerging defects.
- Have previously been responsible/participated in providing the site inductions for contractors/other staff unfamiliar with a site the candidate has been responsible.
- Have previously shown themselves prepared to deputise for their line manager in his/her absence.