Facilities Technician / Day EngineerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading management asset firm, are now looking for a Facilities Technician to join their team based in the City of London.
Delivery of engineering services covering Service Desk reactive issues and assisting with PPMs, if required, including, fabric, heating, cooling & lighting control related tasks. Working Monday to Friday on a split shift basis, the post holder holds day-today responsibility for water treatment and record keeping.
- Carrying out Service Desk reactive tasks as directed in accordance with lease obligation and service level agreements.
- Assist in ensuring plant rooms are tidy and presentable, reporting any issues for rectification.
- Undertake reactive maintenance, minor works and public health maintenance including blocked toilets.
- Investigation and rectification of hot & cold air conditioning complaints. This will entail operation of the Building Management System (BMS), plus operation of the Lighting Control System (LCS).
- Complete water treatment tasks in accordance with L8 utilising the water treatment log Books as directed by the Technical Services Manager or Engineering Services Manager and report any issues without delay.
- Undertake fabric maintenance works covering areas such as painting, furniture moving, etc and ensuring that any materials required to complete tasks are ordered in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Carry out minor mechanical installations, as and when requested and supervised.
- Identify, manage and report any risks, accidents or near misses in a timely manner.
- Work with and escort contractors during maintenance visits, ensuring that working guidelines are followed at all times in particular assisting with the quarterly inspection undertaken by the water treatment consultant.
- To respond quickly and effectively to any building alarms received from the helpdesk or BMS, and to escalate alarms where necessary, recording all reactive tasks in the shift log.
- Uphold the integrity of the company at all times and ensure provision of high levels of customer service are provided.
- Assist in developing, managing and coordinating the continuous reviewing and improving both directly delivered and contracted services
Health and Safety
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at works.
- To co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable the company to comply fully and at all times with its legal duties regarding health, safety and welfare matters.
- Never to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- To familiarise yourself with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and to comply fully at all times with the company’s health, safety, welfare and fire arrangements.
- To report immediately all accidents involving injuries and illness verbally to your immediate superior and a First Aider and make or have made on your behalf, an entry in the company’s Accident Book.
- Never to use any machinery, work equipment, dangerous substance, transport equipment, system of work or safety device unless you have been authorised to do so and then only in accordance with any training received by you and any instructions provided to you.
- Never to perform work you are not qualified to do or have not been properly trained for.
- To inform the company immediately of any work situation which you reasonable consider represents a serious and immediate danger to health and safety or represents a shortcoming in the company’s arrangements health and safety.
- To report to the company any medical condition you have and any mediation or substance you are taking which could affect the safety of yourself or others.
- To seek medical treatment for all injuries you sustain (no matter how slight they appear).
- If required, to co- operate fully and promptly with any accident investigation carried out by the company
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work
- Group Income Protection
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Virtual GB Service
- Critical Illness Cover
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Health Check
- Travel Insurance
- Will Writing
- Bonus of 5% per annum
Please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to email@example.com