Real Estate Asset ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a real estate and residential developer, are now looking for a Real Estate Manager to join their team.
- Support and have direct input on the management of large scale regeneration mixed use residential master planning environments.
- Oversee operating partners and property managers in their day-to-day management of the assets and become involved in key decisions as appropriate.
- Appoint and manage outsourced services, consultants, managing agents, letting agents, lawyers, rent review surveyors and other specialists.
- Work with specialist advisors ensuring appropriate management of leases, rent reviews, lease renewals, assignments, sub-lettings and licenses for alterations.
- Manage and oversee managing agents who are responsible for service charge accounting, budgeting, cash flow monitoring, year-end auditing and certification.
- Strategically implement and manage sustainability into property assets.
- Create, implement, manage and update business plans and strategy documents.
- Providing economic and efficient solutions to complex asset management issues.
- Have involvement with the preparation of evidence for references to Lands Tribunal or Court hearings in respect of lease management, rent reviews, rating appeals, acquisition and disposal of property or any other related matter.
- Liaise with Council departments to establish local services ensuring compliance with S106 planning requirements.
- Manage insurance policy arrangements for new and existing developments and provide updates on historical and current insurance claims.
- Manage and/or coordinate with architects, project and technical managers, external experts, local authorities and suppliers.
- Lead and instruct specialists to carry out dilapidations, schedules of condition surveys and expert witness matters where and when required.
- Manage the preparation of long term capital asset replacement plans to sustain and maintain all property assets.
- Maintain property records using company property management systems.
- Carry out and instruct others to complete property inspections, liaising with contractors and estate teams, preparing, receiving and sharing periodic reports.
- Perform to a high ethical standard, with skill, ensuring health & safety compliance.
- Maintain close communication with the Chief Property Officer, raising potential problems, deviations from specified briefs and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Deputise for the Chief Property Officer in periods of absence and holiday periods.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by your line manager or acting Line Manager as might be reasonably expected or required.
- Masters / Batchelors Degree in a real estate industry related area.
- MRICS qualified with over 10 years post-qualification experience in the management of residential, commercial and retail real estate.
- A strategic thinker who is prepared to make strong commercial decisions.
- Demonstrable track record of implementing and monitoring quality standards and systems where taking full ownership is required.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to anticipate and resolve issues.
- A team player with the aptitude to complete tasks under pressure and under own motivation.
- Proven ability to deal successfully with project stakeholders, including funding bodies, local government, Board members, building professionals and contractors.
- Results driven, disciplined and hard-working, with a focus on meeting deadlines.
- A good understanding of the legal and legislative framework relating to real estate.
- Prior experience of using property management systems and fully computer literate in the use of Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem solving, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong numeracy skills – confident in cash flow modelling.
- The ability to present business plans and real estate updates concisely.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Call 0207 118 4848 for more details