Electrical and Utilities EngineerBack to Vacancies List
Our client is now looking for an Electrical and Utilities Engineer. Responsible for developing the optimum maintenance and operational strategy for electrical and utilities assets and systems, and to ensure compliance with engineering standards, statutory, and regulatory requirements across an estate of nearly 1 Million Square Feet.
The jobholder will have a detailed knowledge of the specialist critical building infrastructure systems and operational processes. These include the MV/LV electrical distribution, standby electrical generators, power management system, and centralised uninterruptible power supplies, the mechanical systems associated with generation and distribution of the core utilities including steam, LTHW, mains and chilled Water, compressed air, CHP and the facility fuel delivery systems.
- Actively engage with the Hard FM partner to develop and implement the optimum maintenance strategy for Electrical and Utilities assets and systems based on industry best practice using reliability based and predictive maintenance techniques to ensure long-term reliability whilst minimising life cycle costs.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture to support ongoing asset availability and reliability/resilience improvements.
- Identify critical spares requirements in support of optimising reliability.
- Develop and deliver the annual plan for maintenance of critical Electrical and Utilities assets in conjunction with the Hard FM partner.
- Analyse data from the CAFM system to identify assets and system reliability improvements. Identify and deliver energy and utilities projects that provide optimum life cycle of plant and equipment at minimal cost, and ensure operational reliability and resilience is maintained and enhanced without impact to science activities within the building.
- Develop business cases to provide justification for capital expenditure on minor and major projects.
- Provide technical support to the Engineering Projects team on major complex projects.
- Act as the technical authority for defining engineering standards, specifications, and change management in conjunction with the Head of Projects to support the operational/maintenance requirements of the building and provide technical advice to colleagues on policies, processes, and health and safety procedures as required.
- Carry out internal audits and provide analysis to demonstrate compliance with engineering standards and support monitoring of Hard FM partner compliance with SLA’s and performance against KPI’s.
- Monitor and identify improvements in energy efficiency and utilities spend, and report monthly on energy consumption and costs relative to annual budget.
- Work with our procurement and contract teams to ensure the optimum energy procurement strategy. Identify and implement asset and system improvements and procedures to reduce energy consumption, improve efficiency, and increase resilience.
- Liaise closely with the Hard FM service partner Energy Coordinator to ensure reporting of energy usage is accurate and reflects utility supply costings and invoicing. Keep abreast of the current energy and environmental legislation to ensure they always remains compliant.
- Establish and maintain the environmental and sustainability accreditation through implementation of relevant standards such as BREEAM in use.
- Provide advice, guidance, and quality assurance to the project team, ensuring new installations are defined and delivered to the build standards.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of new technologies in operation and maintenance of Electrical and Utilities systems and develop working relationships/networks with peers in facilities similar for knowledge sharing, best practise and lessons learned through shared experience.
- Minimum HNC/Degree or equivalent qualified in relevant discipline, preferably electrical engineering
- Member of an appropriate Engineering institution
- Minimum 10 years significant industry experience in building services operations and maintenance at senior engineer level working in a critical/complex environment.
- Experience of HV electrical installation, operations, and maintenance, acting as Senior Authorised Person
- Proven experience of delivering complex projects
- Experience of representing the Duty Holder for statutory regulations
- Working knowledge and experience of all relevant health and safety legislation and regulatory requirements including HASAW, EAWR, PUWER, DSEAR regulations. Experience in one or more regulatory and legislative environments in respect to, but not limited to, Home Office, HSE, British Standards and ACDP.
- Experienced in plant, equipment, and system design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and operations
- A detailed understanding of critical plant and systems, and corresponding maintenance strategies
- Working knowledge and experience of reliability-based maintenance techniques and industry best practice.
- Experience of effective utilisation of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and facilities management (CAFM) software platforms.
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at email@example.com or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.