Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a financial services company, are now looking for a Facilities Assistant to provide assistance to and work in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
The job will include, but is not limited to, administrative and practical tasks. The ideal candidate will display a positive attitude, present themselves professionally, be willing to help fellow colleagues around the office and be customer focused.
• Collect HTB deliveries from the loading bay and notify the staff member who ordered it.
• Store deliveries in the post room until they are collected.
Management of IT consumables:
• Raise Purchase Orders.
• Deploy PC’s and other low-level IT Tasks.
• Each morning check on all printers, restock toner & paper as and when needed throughout the day.
• Carry out a weekly stock take of toner and place orders with the supplier when needed.
• Organising incoming and outgoing post (incl. franking and couriers):
• Collect incoming post from the loading bay in the am & pm daily.
• Distribute incoming post to relevant departments.
• Scan and record savings incoming cheques.
• Frank all outgoing post each evening and take down to the loading bay.
• Proactive programming of access cards for new joiners, visitors and temporary staff.
• Ensuring all access cards are connected to the printers.
• Ensuring all leaver access cards are deleted promptly from the system.
• Liaising with building security.
• Liaise with building management.
• Taking initiative in carrying out weekly office walk arounds, recording all issues and ensuring they are fix promptly (keeping the Facilities manager up to date).
• Immediate reporting and recording of all building issues.
Health & Safety:
• General Health & Safety management (supporting the Facilities Manager) by carrying out daily/weekly walk arounds.
• Providing Health & Safety induction for all new starters
• Providing DSE assessments when requested
• Carry out weekly stock takes of all first aid boxes, order stock when needed and keep back up stock in the post room
• Keep all first aid & fire marshal signs up to date
• Manage all first aiders & fire wardens, ensuring all is legally covered should an incident occur
• Manage online facilities accounts
• Liaise with contractors, ensuring they are providing an excellent service
• Promptly reporting issues as and when they arise (keeping the Facilities manager up to date)
• Carry out a weekly stock take of the stationery in the stationery cupboard, order stock when required.
• Keep the stationery cupboard organised
• Monitoring, emptying and organising the confidential waste bins
• Arrange collection with supplier
• Assist reception with meeting room tidying and room management
• Assist with meeting room layouts i.e. adding & removing chairs and storing them back into the storage room
• Assist reception with providing refreshments and lunches (when requested) for meetings
• Assist reception with client arrivals, offering refreshments, taking coats & luggage etc.
• Arrange Wi-Fi access for guests
• Covering reception as and when required
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this exciting role.