Senior Project ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading educational establishment, are now looking for a Senior Project Manager to be responsible for the delivery of a number of high-profile capital and revenue building projects. These will include leading on all planned fabric, mechanical and electrical engineering refurbishments and renovations identified within the Stock Condition Survey.
- Act as advisor to our internal clients on all property and construction matters.
- Lead the preparation of construction business case, and brief.
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow forecasts and life cycle costing.
- Instigate and manage feasibility studies
- Formulate procurement strategy for projects in conjunction with key stakeholders and in liaison with the Procurement section.
- Contribute to the appointment, induction and management of external and internal design teams and other professional advisors in accordance with University procedures and utilising Framework Agreements where appropriate.
- Prepare approximate estimates and outline costs. Setting and agreeing cost limits for projects.
- Present and prepare budgets, cash flow forecasts, financial reporting procedures and final accounts.
- Manage pre and post-contract costs against agreed budgets.
- Manage both design and contract programmes with designers and contractors and monitor to ensure programme objectives are achieved for all projects which you are responsible for.
- Manage the development of design proposals, including the value engineering of preferred options, to ensure they provide a “value for money” solution; are economical to maintain; comply with legislation and good practice; meet sustainability standards and satisfy the requirements of the brief.
- Manage co-ordination of all inputs to the projects for which you are responsible including internal client departments and stakeholders, third party service providers (Hard and Soft FM) external designers, planning authorities, building regulations, information systems, safety etc. in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Manage the co-ordination of the commissioning and handover of projects (to include new and refurbished buildings/accommodation and infrastructure related projects)
- Liaise with client groups, design teams, maintenance teams, facilities management teams (in house and outsourced providers) and others during the design, contract and handover period.
- Ensure that there is effective cost management on the projects for which you are responsible and that any financial or time problems are notified to the Deputy Director and Head of Capital Projects at the earliest possible time.
- Ensure that consultants and contractors are providing information within appropriate timescale.
- Responsible for preparing information and reports on the projects for which you are responsible and presenting them to relevant committees as and when required.
- Manage works in progress; lead, direct and co-ordinate internal site supervision staff and/or external consultants involved in projects ensuring that work is delivered to the highest possible standards. Take appropriate action where performance falls below the standards required.
- A background in Surveying, Building Engineering, Facilities Management or Architecture (or an equivalent professional qualification) and have significant experience and evidence of successfully managing building/capital projects (e.g. in excess of £1m) from inception through to completion.
- Experience in the appointment and management of consultants together with knowledge and experience of sustainable building design and technologies.
- Experience in delivering work programmes of mechanical, electrical, controls and infrastructure works. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders. Good knowledge and understanding of the application of H&S management principles is essential
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this exciting role.