HVAC EngineerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a hugely successful manufacturer, are now looking for an HVAC Engineer to undertake installation, servicing and maintenance of all Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Equipment in use across the sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical building services / HVAC and Refrigeration systems across the sites in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines, industry best practice, health & safety compliance and building regulations.
- Undertake Installation, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive Maintenance (RM) as required and/or assigned
- Management and preparation of documentation (e.g. Maintenance Logs / Service Sheets, Technical Specifications, Test Certification etc.) to comply with regulations and/or conveying information to the Works Manager.
- Coordination with other members of the Facilities Management Team to complete projects / works in an efficient and effective manner.
- Supervision and coordination of external contractors on sites.
- Flexibility to respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- To monitor and maintain the fitness for purpose of tools & equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- Apprise Facilities Maintenance Manager of system failures / major breakdowns and recommendation for repair, with regular updates on progress with resolution.
- Apprise Facilities Maintenance Manager of recommendations on new equipment, materials or specialist contractor support.
- Assist and apprise Facilities Maintenance Manager on legislative compliance.
- Liaise with the Facilities Maintenance Buyer to request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items to complete the necessary installation, maintenance & repair.
- Adherence to all Company and Statutory Health & Safety Requirements and Procedures.
- To report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
- To undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping cleaning duties, such that the Department and associated areas are maintained in an efficient clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
- Assist in the successful implementation of on-going Environmental/Energy Saving Initiatives
- Formal Apprenticeship in M&E/HVAC/Refrigeration.
- At least 2 years commercial industrial HAVC and Refrigeration experience
- Experience in repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment and infrastructure.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of Refrigeration equipment and infrastructure.
- General Health & Safety awareness working within a manufacturing environment.
- Physically fit and able to climb ladders, move equipment, work at height and in confined spaces
- Work under own initiative to high quality standards
- NVQ Level 2 in in Heating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in installing and maintaining refrigeration systems
- Fault finding and repair of HVAC/Refrigeration equipment.
- Experience of Planed Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance processes
- Building Services Experience
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply!