Interim Head of Facilities (Up to 6 Months)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, one of the world’s leading magazine publishers, is currently looking to appoint an experienced manager (several years FM experience) to act as Head of Facilities (Maternity cover for up to 6 Months). This is a varied and hands-on role managing facilities at three diverse businesses: magazine publishing offices, a bookshop, and a café.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that each business is a comfortable and efficient working environment in compliance with Health & Safety regulations including ensuring the work and retail environments are fit for purpose, and that employees and contractors understand their responsibilities. You will need to have experience of recruiting, managing and training staff.
Alongside all of this, you will project manage the impending 3-floor office refurbishment involving staff relocation, refurbishment, purchasing responsibilities, and liaising with both the Designer and tradespeople.
- You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day core facilities services including security, maintenance, administration, contractor management, reception, training and budgets.
- Line manage the Facilities team (3 staff members), providing support, feedback and performance reviews. Recruitment and training of staff.
- As first contact, you’ll give support on all facilities related issues. You’ll also back up IT systems and databases on a regular basis.
- Work alongside the Publisher and Senior Managers in all three businesses to ensure best service provision is achieved and any issues addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure building maintenance is in accordance with the terms of the occupancy lease.
- Key point of contact for all contractors, monitoring service costs and retendering.
- Responsible for site security and liaising with external service providers. Able to respond to occasional out of hours emergency situations.
- Manage IT and AV troubleshooting, in coordination with the outsourced IT service.
- Administration duties including but not limited to: insurance, telecommunication, cyber security, BCP, and updating procedures and databases.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies as they arise with the mental agility to ‘think on feet’ and provide convincing practical solutions.
- You’ll bring experience of working within a facilities management role to our client.
- You will have experience of recruiting, managing and training staff.
- You have dealt with budgets and delivering financial information and reports to your line manager. You’ve successfully managed contract with third-party and outsourced suppliers making sure that KPIs and SLAs are adhered to.
- You need to possess both a facilities qualification and a relevant H&S qualification.
- An organised person with great interpersonal and written/spoken language skills, you engage well with colleagues, managers, suppliers, and visitors. You can prioritise your own workload and assist small teams in doing them same, making sure that all tasks are carried out on time and to budget.
- You’re a motivated team member and are able to work with minimum supervisions.
- You’re comfortable with Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets and have an aptitude in learning new IT skills.
- Experience in using eMaint or other CMMS system is desirable.
- On a personal level, you handle situations in a courteous and effective way with a focus on efficiency and professionalism.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.