Facilities Project ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are looking for a Facilities Project Manager to coordinate the day-to-day management of small-to-medium Fabric and M&E projects.
This role will be responsible for ‘small works’ projects and the client will require someone with experience of managing small internal fit-outs and electrical & mechanical projects.
- Support the Facilities Manager in successful project delivery.
- To coordinate, supervise and deliver Facilities projects from inception through to completion.
- Day-to-day management of multiple projects on live / operational sites.
- Establish and communicate project feasibility, timescale and budget information.
- Establish design brief / project specifications / scope of works.
- Request, collate and distribute all contractual documentation required.
- Assisting the delivery of projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/ project brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Assist with selection, management and administration of appropriate building contracts (JCT / NEC etc.).
- Administration and oversight of project tender and contractor selection process.
- Administration and oversight of CDM Regulations, Planning and Building Regulations – and related compliance requirements.
- Liaising with external stakeholders including, engineers, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinate meetings with internal stakeholders, design team, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all projects.
- Report and make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform to the plans, specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work or cost. Refer recommendations to Facilities Manager / Project Team for a decision on further instruction.
- Support the Facilities Manager / H&S Manager to continuously monitor work on site in accordance with MBA Health & Safety Procedures, Contractor’s Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, and endeavour to ensure the safety of all persons affected by the works. Promptly report breaches in written form.
- Examine, as far in advance as possible, all contract documents and drawings on individual projects for discrepancies. Attend pre-contract meetings. Report on the contractor’s anticipated building programme and on the performance of contractors and external consultants.
- Check that progress is maintained according to the building programme and advise on any likely cause for delay to the Facilities Manager / Project Delivery Team.
- Work with the Facilities Team to prepare and attend snagging inspections prior to Practical Completion of the works. Ensure that schedules of defects after handover are maintained, and their rectification before the expiration of any defects liability period.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the Project Delivery Team (Purchasing / I.T. etc.) to ensure that projects run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge and awareness of all relevant regulations, British Standards and Codes of practice and ensure compliance with MBA Policies and Quality Management Procedures
- Ensure best practices and quality are being maintained
- Request, collate and distribute O&M Manuals
- Undertake sub-contractors performance assessments throughout and at the end of the contract period
- Solid understanding of construction technology or M&E building services and new techniques
- Applicants will ideally have 3-5 years’ experience in an Assistant Construction / Building Services Project Management position.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the JCT / NEC forms of Contract
- Good understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements.
- Good PC based skills, with experience in Word/Excel and Outlook.
- HND/Degree in Construction Project Management, Building Services or related subject.
- Working towards (at appropriate level) MRICS / MCIOB / MCIBSE / /MAPM or equivalent verifiable work based experience and training.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of PRINCE2.
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response for this role, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.