Interim Facilities Manager (5 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, an independent government department, are now looking for a Facilities Manager to join their team on a fixed term contract up until End of October 2019. The Security and Estates manager needs help to set up the Facilities services in their new location. The role will involve working with a larger Accommodation relocation team focussed on delivering different aspects of the project.
- Lead on the detailed specification of FM Services for the new London Accommodation, creating the business case and FM strategy, in conjunction with the Procurement Manager, and producing the ITT for contract.
- Setting up and implementation of the agreed specification for facilities services.
- Working with the existing contractor at the current location to plan the transfer of equipment to be re-used in the new office and the timely cessation of services at the existing location when and if no longer required – taking advice from the HR team as appropriate.
- To liaise with the Accommodation project team, to plan and implement facilities services to meet the needs of a staged transfer of staff between locations.
- Setting up and managing the initial contracts /services at the new London Accommodation, until handing over to agreed future service provider.
- Providing input and suggestions on making the services effective and reliable.
- Acting as a focal point for communications regarding facilities services with staff, landlord’s and contractors.
- Experience of managing Facilities and Estates services or projects using either direct team reports or track record of contract management to achieve high quality services.
- Experience of dealing with service provide changes
- Understanding of how buildings and estates services work in modern offices.
Able to demonstrate an ability to initiate and develop productive and professional relationships, and to make best use of these to achieve successful business focussed outcomes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently, within a remit.
- Capable management of contractors to meet organisational priorities on a day by day basis to ensure continuity and consistent quality of service.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.