Maintenance Assistant (Global Brand) – Ref 703Back to Vacancies List
The role of the Maintenance Assistant will be to work under the guidance of the Facilities Manager to proactively ensure that the building and grounds are maintained to a high standard in terms of safety, appearance and working environment within this office and other company sites as required. This includes carrying routine inspection of the site/s and to conduct preventive and corrective maintenance to required standards.
Observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified in legislation, by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
Working with the Facilities Manager to carry out day to day preventative and proactive maintenance tasks that include but are not limited to the following duties:
- To ensure heating plant and equipment is fully functional as required and reporting any faults.
- To support and maintain security of the premises and its contents in accordance with company policies.
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems replacing as necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses starters and diffusers in accordance with safe working practices.
- To ensure that gullies, drains etc are kept free from debris and that the grounds are litter free.
- Conduct Health & Safety checks
- Replenish and monitor stock levels of consumables such as light bulbs/tubes.
- Conduct daily fire exit checks and weekly test of the fire alarm for Mandeville Place. Take any remedial action where required.
- Painting and decorating
Working under the guidance of the Facilities Manager to investigate and assess urgent and reactive maintenance issues. Identify with the Facilities Manager whether the work can be completed in house or requires subcontracting out.
In-house maintenance duties may include but not limited to following:
- Joinery – first line maintenance of fixtures and fittings – tightening screws on window hinges, door handles and other similar minor joinery repairs
- Plumbing – unblocking sinks, waste pipes, clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains and clean up spillages as required
- Internal glazing – remedial repairs following break in etc.
- Carpets – replacing and repairs as required
- To dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required
- Report emergencies in case of faults with gas, electric, waste.
- Maintain appropriate records including intruder alarm logbook, repair orders, and heating systems record books, meter readings for company.
- To undertake setting up and clearing away of furniture for internal and externals meeting such as training sessions. This may include sourcing appropriate equipment such as rails, tables and chairs.
- Liaising and supervising with various on-site contractors, where necessary, to ensure services are conducted to a high standard and timely manner
- To undertake administrative duties in relation to invoices and any other ad-hoc general administration duties
- Distributing and checking quality of breakfast supplies for each floor and checking and monitoring kitchen areas as required
- Assist with Post Room duties as required.
- Fire Marshall duties which include assisting in safe and timely evaluation of the building
- Trained as a First Aider for the building
Key holder responsibilities for main office
- When on call, to respond to emergencies and travel into the office within a strict 45 min timeframe
- To reset both the fire and intruder alarm and secure the building when called to the building out of hours
- To regularly open the office on work days as required and at times during the weekend. Ensuring it is open and ready for employees to enter at the required time and no later (currently 7.30am for weekdays). In addition ensuring the daily required checks and opening tasks are conducted in a thorough manner.