Assistant Facilities Manager (Technical)Back to Vacancies List
The Facilities team is responsible for maintaining a consistently high standard of working environmental to meet the needs of the business. The team manages all building maintenance and repair activities, organises security and fit out work and ensures compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Supervise planned preventative maintenance schedule and work with M&E provider to ensure that all PPMs are complete as required
- Organise reactive maintenance and repairs when needed
- Re-lamping and small repairs
- Assist with the admin and delivery of desk moves and co-ordinate with global facilities and IT
- Organise work on site, prepare plans and labels, arrange for supplier services
- Update the floor plans in connection with the globall facilities
- Office moves have to be conducted out of business hours (week-ends, rarely nights)
Fit out work:
- Prepare and organise work in coordination with global facilities and IT
- Check the quality of supplier services/work
- Fit out work has to be conducted out of business hours (week-ends and/or nights)
On site event support:
- Facilitate the coordination of client events (lunch, conference, drinks) by liaising with internal clients and working with the marketing team.
- Meeting room set ups
Health & Safety:
- Assist the Facilities Manager to provide H&S compliance & best practice throughout the office
- Additional H&S responsibilities: Fire Marshal, First Aider, DSE assessor.
- Furniture, including temporary storage
- Supplies for moves & changes
- Catering supplies
- Assist with Telephone Directory updates
- Management of all keys and ordering replacements.
- Daily housekeeping checks.
- Oversee welcome and induction pack stock levels.
- Assisting with starters and leaver setups.
- Management of Locker allocations.
- Entering helpdesk requests.
- Sorting of daily mail
- Relevant experience in facilities management, preferably in services or financial company
- Sense of client service
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety rules
- Good working knowledge of hard services, particularly electrical.
- Good initiative, organisational skills and ability to work in a team or on their own
- Personable, confident, strong communication skills & attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work and a willingness to learn
- Exercise discretion when required and good sense of awareness
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Desirable: IOSH qualified.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.