Head of Facilities ManagementBack to Vacancies List
- Manage overall operational responsibilities and relationships with Clients from an FM perspective.
- Lead and direct the FM operational team/s and contractors to provide FM services to the required standards.
- Manage FM issues, escalation and resolution effectively and successfully.
- Execute agreed FM Operational Best Practice (where client/properties, require/justify).
- Responsible for the security and growth of FM operations and ensure all aspects of FM functions are performed satisfactorily and in accordance with our client and all Client’s requirements and in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Ensure the successful management of the growth of FM operations.
- Report any complaints or concerns in relation to the smooth operation of the FM team.
- Ensure clients perceive exceptional value through the quality of FM reporting, including dashboards, case studies, tenant satisfaction (see also Property Management below).
- Introduce New Clients and Client FM business.
- Represent Client’s best interests externally and internally and promote the reputation and capabilities to clients and prospective clients.
- Demonstrate credibility and thought leadership for all FM operations.
- Identify ways to improve the operation perception and market reputation of FM.
- Keep appraised of industry best practice by maintaining market contacts in the FM arena.
- Introduce innovation and change to support improvement in FM practice.
- Provide overall leadership, administration (and as required) negotiation of all FM contracts backed by a solid understanding of contractual terms and implications.
- To lead and direct the provision of Risk Management, Health and Safety and Sustainable operations to not only legally compliant standards but the standards expected by top institutional clients.
- Put together and implement a FM Procurement Strategy, organising this to be applied to the property and portfolio.
- Standardise approach to SLA’s with suppliers to meet agreed performance objectives. Linked with this, organise an appropriate Supplier Rationalisation Plan tailored to requirement to improve contractor/supplier service efficiency whilst minimising cost.
- Ensure all Service Charge Budgets are completed to template and to client required deadlines by the FM team including compliance with the latest form of the RICS Service Charge Code.
- Meet regularly with the Property Managers and clients/tenants to review progress of FM performance and develop and maintain effective working relationships with tenants, property managers and contractors.
- Assist the Property Managers with any rent or service charge recoveries being implemented and compliance with tenants’ covenants within their leases.
- To put in place a comprehensive FM Customer and Tenant Satisfaction Strategy and implement surveys/charters and other supporting systems/measures in support thereof.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.