Interim Head of Facilities and Guest ServicesBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a public sector organisation, are now recruiting for an Interim Head of Facilities and Guest Services for a minimum of 9 months.
To improve the hospitality and general environment of the organisation, ensuring that it is responsive to the needs and preferences. To play a key role in developing excellent working relationships across the organisation and leading on relevant organisation wide statutory requirements and promoting good practice.
- Be responsible for security provision on the site on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Ensure all service areas provide an appropriate and flexible service to patients, visitors, staff and volunteers at all times.
- Attend regular and occasional meetings with key managers and departmental staff to
- ensure that the services provision reflect the organisation’s strategic aims.
- Manage services contracts and projects closely; ensuring service delivery is completed to the satisfaction of users and in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Control the operational purchasing of materials and services and seeking to leverage buying power across the two sites and beyond wherever possible.
- Undertake competitive tendering and the selection of Companies covering request and review of tenders, and the final selections ensuring that fair and competitive standards are adhered to.
- With assistance from the Facilities Administrator, maintain documents ensuring that all appropriate records are kept and are fit for all auditing purposes including all legislative and non-legislative requirements.
- Manage all agreed contracts proactively ensuring the maintenance of sound working relationships and tight standards of financial control.
- To hold responsibility for controlling relevant expenditure from the budget, obtaining the necessary authorisation for any spend which is above their authority level.
- Working closely with the Head of Estates and the Finance department, prepare the annual budget relevant to the areas of responsibility ascribed to the post holder.
- In conjunction with the Volunteering and Fundraising Departments to oversee the management of volunteers to the site who provide services
- To be responsible for the maintenance and development of own CPD. Actively seeking to develop skills and knowledge through reading, reflection and attending both internal and external teaching courses.
- Coach and/or mentor individuals within the organisation as appropriate and in line with organisational requirements.
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of delivering a facilities management service through teams that are directly employed.
- A thorough understanding and experience of working in FM within a large and complex organisation (preferably healthcare)
- Significant experience and expertise gained through keeping up to date with HSE and CQC (or similar)
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.