Business Continuity Manager (12 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by one of the world’s leading creative and media company to recruit a Business Continuity Manager to join their team on a 12 months FTC. The Business Continuity Manager should ensure that plans are executed to enable the business to maintain key activities in the event of a major internal or external crisis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all parts of the business continuity plan and ensure that plan is always maintained as fit for purpose.
- Conduct business impact analyses and assists stakeholders to determine critical business processes, identify acceptable recovery time periods, and establishes resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
- Perform risk analysis of business areas to identify points of vulnerability and recommend disaster avoidance and reduction strategies.
- Provide guidance to and manage the efforts of stakeholders in the development of recovery procedures for key areas of the company.
- Periodically reviews changes in resources with the management of those areas to ensure the effectiveness of the recovery procedures and backup capabilities.
- Conduct emergency response and recovery training for designated staff in all functional areas.
- Provide instructional and informational materials on how staff are expected to respond during an emergency.
- Assist departments in the assignment and training of their Business Continuity plan, coordinate the exercise with recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas.
- Ensure that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key resources and for the resumption of critical business processes.
- Works in conjunction with the IT department in the development and testing of data recovery processes.
- To facilitate, advise and co-ordinate incident response and crisis management procedures.
- To initiate a programme for exercising and testing all aspects of the business continuity plan.
- Develop a mechanism for communicating feedback to the BCM Steering Committee to ensure the program progresses in accordance with the business’ best practices and changing priorities.
- Establish all aspects of the DR to ensure Governance is in place and operational reporting is produced.
- Take a lead management role in any large emergency or regional crisis monitoring and reporting.
- Good project management skills with proven track record of driving projects to completion with successful business result.
- Leadership skills with the capability to influence stakeholders, articulate goals and vision, and ability to manage multiple demands while maintaining momentum. Ability to work with people one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to develop and implement Business Continuity schedules and documentation while working with the business units to draw them into the program and create a cohesive working environment.
- Must have experience in presenting to groups across all levels of the organisation.
- Must have demonstrative experience of designing and implementing and testing a business continuity framework in a UK based business for a minimum of 2 years.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of business continuity and risk management.
- Strong relationships with stakeholders
- Previous experience working within a distribution operations environment.
If this role is of interest, please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to discuss further or to apply.