Area Facilities Manager (6 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a well know educational establishment to recruit an Area Facilities Manager to join their team for an initial 6 months.
THE CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR
- Extensive experience of facilities management across complex, multiple sites/buildings
- Previous experience of staff management and team development.
- Practical experience in the management of estates operations using contractors and directly employed staff.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude.
- Experience of directing and supervising staff and contractors.
- Performance management and reporting; contract management.
- Practical knowledge, understanding and application of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience of integrated estates management systems (equivalent to FAMIS system) and Help-desk operations; financial and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with a customer focused approach.
- Proactive approach to developing effective working relationships.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritise own work and that of others.
- Ability to evaluate a range of issues and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Budget management experience
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Supervise the provision of safe, efficient, effective facilities services & other Estates functions within a designated group of buildings and external areas.
- Provide a primary point of contact for building users within the designated area on all Estates’ services issues; liaise to identify problems arising and initiate remedial actions.
- Proactively lead service/facility improvement initiatives; take ownership of Estates issues raised by building users and lead their resolution.
- Represent Estates/F&I with a range of stakeholders; attend relevant committees, working groups, project teams etc. with delegated authority to commit to a course of action and/or expenditure.
- Supervise, direct and monitor in-house staff and contractors to ensure the safe, efficient and effective delivery of Estates’ services and projects; ensure that work is carried out in compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Provide direct line management and direction to Area based Facilities Manager(s); plan and prioritise work within the Area.
- Proactively develop and maintain effective customer/stakeholder relationships through a network of key contacts.
- Monitor all sites within the area for compliance with H&S policies and standards, ensuring any non-conformities are reported; assist with investigations and resolutions and propose solutions as required.
- Support and direct contractors, service providers, students and staff to assist them in complying with H&S requirements; promote and demonstrate a commitment to improving H&S standards across the Area.
- Monitor, report and take appropriate actions in respect of fire safety issues, including the storage of materials, fire door operations, smoke/heat detectors etc.
- Communicate effectively with client departments/stakeholders; monitor projects and services to ensure that they meet customer expectations and are delivered to specification, on time and within budget; provide relevant feedback;
- Advise and influence the planning and coordination of maintenance and facilities work on site to minimise disruption and inconvenience to users;
- Liaise and work closely with Estates’ Contract Managers and service providers; contribute to the drafting of service specifications, project briefs etc.
”Reporting to the Head of Facilities and Workplace Services you will be supervising facilities services within a designated group of area based buildings. Ensuring the safe, efficient and effective delivery of Estates’ services and projects.”
- Work closely with Estates’ contract managers and service providers (e.g. cleaning, waste management, security); monitor and supervise service providers’ performance on site; contribute to the drafting of service specifications, project briefs etc;
- Initiate and manage minor improvement works, installations, adjustments etc.; specify, procure and manage services and minor works;
- Contribute to the development of briefs and cost estimates for minor works.
- Manage delegated budgets; authorise/initiate the purchasing of equipment, materials, consumables etc., within delegated limits; authorise the payment of invoices; authorise service level variations where appropriate;
- Work with Facilities Teams, Room Bookings, client departments and contractors to ensure that events are properly managed and services for events delivered efficiently and with minimum disruption.
- Provide advice, assistance and input into the preliminary/detailed planning of all work (projects and business as usual) to be carried out in the Area’s premises/facilities. Liaise with and advise Project Officers (UPOs) and Contracts Managers (CMs) as required.
- Collaborate within Estates as required to co-ordinate work undertaken by contractors, direct labour teams and others within the Area’s premises/facilities. Ensure that interfaces between activities are considered and, in liaison with customers, UPOs and Contract Managers, help to plan/programme work to minimise risks and disruption to all parties.
- Work with key departmental representatives and Procurement to implement and support sustainable procurement and to support building/area wide procurement/purchasing initiatives and shared use of equipment and resources.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of essential records, including asset register, asbestos register, Health and Safety Information and PPM records etc., and ensure that the Building Information Database is kept up to date.
- Issue or revise work instructions via work/purchase orders, the FAMIS system or in person.
- Network and liaise within and externally to keep abreast of developments, legislation, new technology etc.
- Carry out pre and post inspections of work to establish resource needs, briefs, priorities, working methods and approval of completed works.
- Periodically monitor health & safety performance of Contractors working in the Area’s premises/facilities. Feedback issues of concern to CM’s and UPO’s as necessary.
- Work with other Area Facilities teams to provide support, coordination and cross cover across the campus.
Apply now through Maxwell Stephens for this role by calling 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.