Senior Operations Manager (PFI Environment)Back to Vacancies List
- To lead and manage the operational performance of the three London LIFTCos, responsible for compliance with day to day provisions of Project Cos’ operational obligations contained within the specific project documentation through:
- Developing an understating of the Project Documents, including but not limited to the associated Service Provider Agreements.
- Implementing a robust monitoring system for the Hard FM Provider(s) based on their Agreements.
- Producing timely and accurate reports as required by the GM.
- Building and sustaining excellent professional relationships with CHP, CCG’s, and tenants.
- Building and sustaining excellent professional relationships with the Hard FM Service Provider(s).
- Monitoring and reporting of each Project Cos contractual compliance with the Project Documentation, including the Management Services Agreements, Project Agreements and Lending Agreements in all matters relating to operational delivery.
- Providing leadership where necessary to the Hard FM Provider.
- Providing efficient and timely management support to the GM in all aspects of managing projects.
- To effectively project manage any capital works for the non-LIFT estate.
- To take an active role in Strategic Asset Management work such as through
- compiling utilisation reports and attending meetings as required.
- To lead and support the development of the Assistant Operations Manager(s).
Management of the Project Agreements
- Have a detailed understanding of the Project Documentation and associated schedules and be proactive in interpreting contractual issues.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Hard FM Agreements and be proactive in interpreting contractual issues.
- Ensure that all key contractual obligations and deliverables of the Hard FM Service Provider(s) are known, recorded, fulfilled and monitored.
- Ensure that all contractual obligations relating to Energy Management are known, recorded, fulfilled and monitored.
Operational and Financial Management
- Lead in matters relating to the operational management of the Hard FM Service Provider(s).
- Ensure accurate monitoring and reporting of each Project Cos contractual compliance with the Project Documentation, including the Management Services Agreements, Project Agreements and Lending Agreements in all matters relating to operational delivery.
- Track and report the monthly status of deductions and service failure points in relation to specified contractual thresholds.
- Lead and manage the resolution of identified defects and ensure timely and detailed condition surveys are undertaken in order to allow notification of all defects to constructors in advance of the 12 year defect liability period.
- Produce routine monthly reports and ad-hoc reports on specific items for the GM on matters relating to the operation of the Projects.
- Audit all Hard FM reports and data required for the preparation service delivery reports.
- Develop and deliver the annual Tenant Customer Satisfaction process including formulation of an action plan for input within the operations improvement plan.
- In liaison with the General Manager produce an annual SMART Operations Improvement Plan ensuring timely close out of agreed improvement actions.
- Assist the Financial Manager by reviewing all invoices submitted for payment by the Hard FM Provider and advise the GM on accuracy during the pre-payment authorisation process.
Lifecycle & Strategic Asset Management
- Fully communicate and be directed by the Strategic Asset Manager in relation to any new assets to be introduced or assets to be renewed to ensure appropriate lifecycle expenditure in accordance with the client’s Asset Management System.
- Ensure robust due diligence is undertaken on any unplanned lifecycle claims from the Hard FM Service Provider(s) with a view to protecting each Project Co’s lifecycle fund.
- In relation to Project Variations, ensure accurate lifecycle pricing of any assets to be removed or added in line with the client’s standard process and obtain the Strategic Asset Manager’s sign off before submitting to Clients.
- Ensure robust project management of Project Co variations and any capital works for the non-LIFT estate including:
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Procuring, leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Managing the change control process, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through chairing regular progress meetings and written communications
- Prepare Hard FM performance reports for board meetings in accordance with an agreed format and attend Board meetings to brief the Board members on operational matters as required by the GM.
- Assist the GM as required in the submission of information to Board meetings and in completing the actions from any matters arising.
- Work Closely with the ProjectCo Finance team to provide operational data and assist in the production of financial reporting and other financial records.
- Contribute to the client’s corporate activities, meetings and audits as required.
- Produce and regularly update operations manuals, trackers and schedules to ensure team resilience.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the client.
- Ability to work unsupervised to achieve targets.
- Ability to effectively create and deliver performance monitoring regimes.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance on Hard FM risk management matters.
- Ability to demonstrate good contractual awareness.
- Ability to proactively detect and resolve complex contractual issues and retain good relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret and undertake analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a cohesive risk assessment.
- Ability to extract key information and report it in a timely manner using appropriate means of communication.
- Demonstrate effective team leadership skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to work with new technology.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work systematically to achieve deadlines.
- A leader, professional in approach, outward looking and confident.
- Relates easily to staff at all levels and seen as open and approachable.
- Promotes effective teamwork and shares information widely.
- Good communicator in all media.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Resilient & able to work under pressure
- Degree educated in a building or commercial related discipline.
- Hold a professional membership, such as BIFM, APM, RICS or similar.
- Completion of IOSH training.
- Completion of project management training.
Apply now through Maxwell Stephens for this role by calling 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.