Cleaning Manager – Ref 708Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a premier independent school in the North East supporting over 1,000 students are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Cleaning Manager. This role reports directly to the Bursar and will oversee the provision of domestic services for the School’s 18,000 sq.m. of facilities. This role sits within the Domestic team which consists of 19 part-time staff, generally working at the end of the school day during term-time and mornings during school holidays. In addition to its reputation for academic excellence, the school enjoys a wide range of excellent facilities including extensive laboratories and workshops, a swimming pool and 300-seat theatre. The majority of the schools accommodation has been extensively rebuilt and refurbished in recent years.
- To ensure an efficient, effective and customer-oriented service for the School, maintaining a clean, safe and healthy working environment throughout all the School’s internal facilities.
- Ensuring that the School receives high quality service and excellent Value for Money in its cleaning and related activities
- Day to day supervision of all the School’s domestic staff
- Supervision of contractors carrying out specialist tasks (e.g. window cleaning)
- Allocation of duties for domestic staff, establishing staff rotas, etc.
- Arranging training and induction for new domestic staff, together with other appropriate training and staff development activities for all domestic staff
- Carrying out annual appraisals of domestic staff
- Monitoring attendance, hours worked and holidays for all domestic staff, ensuring adequate cover is available to maintain an effective cleaning service
- Checking and submitting time sheets for all domestic staff
- Inspecting all parts of the School’s premises to assess cleaning needs and monitor cleaning standards.
- Drawing up schedules of cleaning requirements and staff rotas for delivering them.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and regulations, preparing and maintaining risk assessments for all cleaning activities and maintaining records relating to COSHH, manual handling, safe disposal of waste, etc.
- Reporting and recording accidents and incidents involving domestic staff
- Ensuring that all domestic staff are aware of safeguarding issues within a school and follow the requirements of the School’s policies in this regard
- Liaison with the Facilities Manager, Caretaking and Maintenance teams regarding overall maintenance of the school and arrangements for special events, including collation of repairs and faults reported by domestic staff.
- Agreeing a budget for domestic services with the Bursar and ensuring effective management of the budget.
- Ordering, stock control and supervision of cleaning equipment and materials, including work wear and consumables such as toilet tissue, work wear and PPE for domestic staff
- Arranging the collection of general waste from all internal parts of the school and liaising with the Facilities Manager regarding disposal/recycling of waste.
- Respecting the environment in all aspects of providing a cleaning service, including selection of materials, arranging disposal/recycling, etc.
- Running the School’s lost property service.
- Providing general cleaning services for the cricket pavilion
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience;
- Evidence of supervising a service delivery team to a high standard in a customer-oriented environment, preferably related to cleaning/domestic services.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive “can do” and hands-on attitude.
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills with people at all levels and all ages, including the ability to mediate effectively if necessary.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Experience in working to operating procedures, schedules, health and safety regulations, etc.
- Understanding of setting and managing budgets, procurement of materials and negotiating with suppliers.
- Good planning and prioritising skills and an ability to keep calm while working to deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills, including an ability to anticipate problems.
- Competent in IT skills, including an ability to use at least Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet as management, scheduling and communication tools.
- Willingness and ability to show initiative and seek to improve the services provided.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
- A positive attitude to young people and an understanding of the issues surrounding working with them.
The following qualifications would be preferred;
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English (or an equivalent qualification)
- A relevant NVQ qualification at Level 3 or above
- A BICSc qualification in Cleaning
- Health and Safety qualification (e.g. IOSH)
- Customer Care qualification (e.g. NVQ)
- First Aid certificate
Our client offer a competitive salary plus 31 days holiday per annum (plus Bank holidays) as well as an attractive benefits package.
To register your interest in this position please forward your CV to email@example.com