Interim Facilities Officer (FTC – Lasting till March 2020)Back to Vacancies List
- Support the Facilities Manager with coordinating decorative and building works, which will include travel and overnight stay to Wales.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with all office moves.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in the implementation of health and safety policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Assist the Chair of the Health and Safety Committee; circulating papers, writing, distributing minutes and ensuring agreed actions are completed within deadlines.
- Responsibility for ensuring full programme of fire, health and safety inspections, audits, checks and training are completed at Stratford offices, including (but not limited to):
a) practise drills and evacuation
b) testing of the fire alarm
c) testing emergency lighting
d) monthly building checks
e) daily opening checks
r) monthly ladder checks
g) any other duties relating to health and safety matters when required by the Facilities Manager
- Contact and liaise with contractors and service engineers.
- Lead on coordination of postal duties both incoming and outgoing including couriers, check in all deliveries, keeping delivery notes to check against invoices.
- Use e-portal for ordering of stationery as and when required, processing requests and ensuring inputting of all data and costs is entered onto departmental spreadsheets.
- In collaboration with the Office Services Co-ordinator monitor the helpdesk system to ensure all enquiries and requests to the department are completed within KPIs and keep staff up to date on the enquiry/request (training will be given).
- Monitor and replenish stocks of office sundries (e.g. refreshments, toiletries. paper etc.), order when stock reaches a pre-ascertained level and replenish areas when required.
- Assist Office Services Assistants when required and provide cover during busy times, annual leave or sickness, including porter service between Stratford buildings.
- Cover full time telephonist/receptionists duties when required.
- Remain calm and deal with callers in a polite, efficient and sensitive manner. This will include people who may be angry or in distress.
- Work within health and safety guidelines, carrying out general repairs and minor decorating throughout the offices, including changing light bulbs.
- This role requires manual handling; appropriate training and handling aids will be provided.
- Become familiar with the monitoring and resetting of maintenance and equipment plant and fire alarms, and with the layout and services associated with the building.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in the security of the premises and its furnishings and equipment, including dealing with security incidents if necessary and carrying out associated procedures.
- Be a key holder on an out of hours’ emergency call out list, held by alarm monitoring service.
- Be a key holder and unlock the premises before 7.30am on a rota basis twice a week and additional days as requested by the Facilities Manager.
- Proficient use of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “rotateInUpRight” entry_delay= “0” entry_duration= “2” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “scroll” scroll_offset= “75” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
- A proven track record within Facilities Management and/or is working towards IWFM qualification.
- Some experience of supporting with office moves, space planning and/or building works.
- Proven experience of supporting implementation of H&S policies and procedures.
- Proven experience of undertaking H&S checks and training.
- Knowledge and experience of, and ability to, carry out practical DIY and maintenance work.
- Ability to deal with security incidents in a safe way using own initiative.
- Ability to manoeuvre heavy pieces of furniture and goods using appropriate techniques and equipment. Able to communicate with colleagues and visitors to Mind’s reception, and with telephone callers.
- Ability to deal with a variety of callers and visitors, including people who are distressed.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work load.
- Willingness to be trained in use of the departments Helpdesk and electronic purchase ordering system.
- Excellent IT skills – MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Willingness to cover additional hours if required.
- To be able to open up both Stratford offices before 7.30am twice a week and additional days at the Facilities Manager’s request.