Building Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
- To produce a 5 yearly strategy and update annual for all equipment PPM and replacement needs for each property. To include soft fabric of the builds.
- To control and monitor the Hard FM contractor through meetings, KPI and SLA performance reviews of PPM and re-active tasks on a monthly basis for each property.
- Hold the monthly performance meetings at each site
- Visually check and verify work has been carried out such as major PPM items and reactive works.
- Arrange for the Hard FM contractor and their subcontractor to access the buildings
- To ensure the buildings and facilities are fully operated with limited down time to all
- Review statuary documentation, approved codes of practice and best practice documentation on a quarterly basis.
- Manage tender process for the Hard FM contracts
- Manage tender process for Soft FM contracts
- Work closely with the Contract Caterer to ensure all kitchen and platewash areas are effectively maintained
- Effectively manage contractual changes/variations and renewals
- Project Manage refurbishments and M&E replacements to include tender process, appointment of contractor through appropriate contract, contractor performance and completion/retentions.
- Monitor monthly energy consumption and implement control strategies to reduce consumptions & expenditure and CO2 emissions.
- Development of waste/recycling and utility strategies to improve their environmental impact.
- Present monthly energy and waste/recycle statistics to monthly staff meeting, Quarterly H&S Meeting
- Ensure that Insurance Inspection reports are reviewed, and essential works are delivered within the schedule.
- Devise office moves and storage solutions.
- Seek relevant permissions from Landlords, Planning and Building Controls with regards to internal and external projects.
- Keep the online building records, plans, design specifications, upgrades up to date.
- Develop asset register of FF&E
- Raise CAPEX equipment request forms i.e. air con, boilers, ovens etc to ensure they are depreciated
Hospitality & Service
- To be an exceptional and professional ambassador for our client’s Venues and Facilities: in all your business relationships.
- To support the Venues Sales and Operational teams to provide exceptional levels of service.
- Support the venues team with enquires regarding power and weight loadings for the meeting rooms
- Ensure the Hard FM and Soft FM contractors are aware of the event industry, its operational demands and hours of business compared to Office buildings – and deliver the services to meet event demands.
- Review the monthly contract costs for hard and soft FM, reactive costs and comprehensive inclusive replacement costs to ensure there is no over charges.
- To produce an annual Capex and Opex budget to ensure the buildings longevity
- Raise annual and monthly purchase
- Review monthly valuations.
- Authorise invoices as per invoices and contracts
- Undertake verification and compliance of contract rates to ensure best value as part of monthly valuation process for each property.
- Provide monthly accrual information to the Finance Dept
- Ensure our client’s Properties operate profitably within budget by controlling contractors, stock, payroll, consumables and purchasing across all areas of the business.
- To ensure a culture of reducing waste, increasing energy efficiency and concern for the environment is communicated to all staff.
- Ensure that the buildings, plant, kitchens meeting rooms are operational at all times with the exception of PPM allowing maximum sales opportunities of event space
- Buildings and Meeting rooms to be at the highest decorative order and comfort to ensure clients feel confident of the quality of the venues.
People Management & Development
- To ensure that a strong culture of training and development exists within our client’s contractors by initiating training courses, personal development and career succession so that all contract staff members are motivated and valued.
- Ensure that best practice guides all personnel and development activities with employment law legislation are always adhered to .
- Ensure that your contractors have Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manuals specific to the buildings, that are effective, utilised and updated to improve service of the buildings.
Communication and Teamwork
- Chair appropriate management staff and contractor meetings and ensure that a clear purpose and agenda for these meetings is communicated. Action points to show clarity and relevance.
- Issue accurate minutes and actions to be taken from the monthly meetings
- To work cooperatively with the Contractors
- Work effectively with the Sales and Development
Health & Safety and Security
- To ensure the management, staff and users of the properties comply with all current H&S legislation.
- To ensure that all employees work within a safe and secure environment by complying with H&S legislation and liaise closely with the appointed H&S consultants.
- Ensure that all appropriate issues are communicated to the Head of Venues & Facilities
- Ensure the personal security of all, yourself, staff, guests and contractors together with their belonging.
- Manage effectively and control the Health and Safety, Fire Safety Policy, Asbestos Surveys and Management, Permits to Work and other arising projects.
- To work effectively with the appointed Health and Safety consultants, action audit findings and assist with the training for all Venue and Facilities employees as appropriate for H&S.
- To inform the Company immediately of any work situation which you reasonably consider represents a serious and immediate danger to health and safety or represents a shortcoming in the Company’s arrangements for health and safety.
- To be a trained First Aider.
- To be the responsible person for the H&S and Fire policies at SP.
- Control and update CCTV systems (AC and SP), Access Control (AC and SP), First responders and other security related issues.
- To play a key role in business continuity plan, exercises and reviews.
Planning & Organising
- Compile accurate information for the annual Business Plan and budgets. To include Hard and Soft FM, Utility Costs, General decorating and project costs, CAPEX, Travel
Information Management & Administration
- Produce a weekly report for the Head of Venues and Facilities detailing operational issues and project updates.
- Ensure that the standard reports are submitted on time and in the appropriate format.
- To ensure that all personnel, databases are up to date. Databases must be accurate and clean, and any marketing campaigns should follow the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Work within GDPRs.
- Min HND or equivalent in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years senior management experience in property, hard and soft FM services
- Experience in dealing with hard and soft FM contractors on various sites
- Well presented, with excellent customer service skills and awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Experience of managing property Capex and Opex budgets.
- Experience with Landlords
- Experience and full understanding of permissions required for Planning and Listed Buildings and Building Control
- Experience of planning, organising projects.
- Good spoken and written English
- Experience and Understanding of CDM reg and Permits to Work
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends where required
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Membership of IWFM (BIFM)
- Ability to travel to all properties.
- Degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com