Facilities CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
We have been appointed by our client to find a new colleague to assist in the smooth and effective running of their Facilities Department, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
The Facilities team comprises of the Facilities Manager, a Facilities Assistant who oversees the HQ office for cleaning, removals, managing the external cleaning company and other ad hoc duties, and Head Office receptionist, the new role of Facilities Co-Ordinator with enhance the team.
It is a requirement that the Facilities Coordinator holds a valid UK or EU Driving licence and is prepared to drive a company vehicle or hire vehicle if required to visit an office location.
The hours for this role are 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday. There will be an element of some out of hours and weekend working as and when required.
- In consultation with the Facilities Manager, liaise with external contractors / landlord for building maintenance / cleaning / FM services with being the first point of contact.
- Visit other offices regularly to ensure building maintenance, repairs, cleaning and statutory requirements are kept up to date. The offices should and in good working order and all associated records and certifications are maintained and stored.
- Regular interaction with locations and representatives.
- Support in Managing the remaining company car fleet (8 no. vehicles), which will reduce further within the next 6 months.
- Managing the Facilities helpdesk with the Logging and reporting of technical/mechanical incidents with the organisation. Carrying out remedials at the relevant offices.
- Purchase order raising and invoicing with relevant Facilities Contractors/suppliers.
- New joiner health and safety inductions at Head Office.
- Routine fire tests, health and safety checks, VDU and risk assessments for Head Office and ensuring these are carried out by nominated persons where required in other office locations.
- Manage the office contracts for service and maintenance, including tendering these contracts
- Support the Facilities Manager as and when required, with lease renewals, negotiations with agents/landlord, office dilapidations and refurbishments.
- Working closely with the IT department for office moves and internal restructures.
- Ensuring all office plans are kept updated following moves or fit out works.
- Organising office porterage as required and assisting in office and furniture moves, organising removals etc.
- Reception cover is required as part of this role between 08:30 and 09:00 daily. Will also be part of a rota for lunchtime cover and cover during periods of Receptionist absence.
- Assistance in liaising with security and co-ordinating parking availability, security passes, visitors etc when Reception is busy.
- Incoming/outgoing post, couriers, deliveries etc shared responsibility with Receptionist/ Facilities Assistant as and when required.
- IOSH & Driving license are essential.
- Previous experience of property/facilities management of at least three years in a professional services environment.
- CAD experience
- Multi-site experience
- Previous experience of a Property portfolio and National contracts.
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation, principles and best practice
- Experience in budget management, ability to think creatively to make savings as required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills with a decisive and diplomatic approach
- Ability to multi task and prioritise your workload
- A pro-active and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibility as we expand
- Attention to detail
- Flexible, reliable, well organised and conscientious
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office suite
- Matching 5% pension contribution into group personal pension scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Life Assurance 2x annual salary
- 22 days holiday (increasing by a day per year up to a maximum of 25 days, 3 of which must be kept for the Christmas shutdown period)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
- Group Income Protection (after 3 years’ service)