Business ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client is an internationally recognised educational establishment, seeking a motivated Business Manager to drive communication, collaboration and coordination of activities within FM Services.
- Integrate both administrative functions and highly strategic functions (such as analysing performance data across the FM data base)
- Identify performance gaps and support operational teams to drive and deliver a successful FM model
- Contribute to internal and external communications, drafting and overseeing process as necessary.
- Disseminate information and communicate ideas to the team to ensure clarity and follow-through.
- Collate / Track actions across the FM campus, ensuring all actions are logged / tracked / escalated where necessary
- Being part of essential change management team, supporting the FM team towards a standardized model, enhancing staff and student experience
- Take on ad-hoc strategic projects from inception to end, ensuring seamless project transformations are tracked and successful
- Reviewing the staff / student experience by walking the campus to capture gaps, actioning and reporting
- To build trust and relations within student / academics and staff by a proactive approach and delivery
- Support and deliver the change programme utilizing continuous improvement and innovation
- Produce consistent and insightful management information that informs strategic and tactical decision making.
- Produce and support the continuous development of management metrics to track and drive the performance.
- Partner with members of various management teams to obtain and share detailed insight in key management metrics.
- Ensure adequate process and control is in place to maintain the accuracy of management information and metrics reporting.
- Work with HR Business Partners to provide required trend and performance analysis and commentary.
- Researching, benchmarking, analysing data, and making recommendations.
- Support the implementation of robust governance and risk control framework.
- Support Key Performance Indicators dashboard, track key trends in lagging/leading metrics, and synthesise implications to the business.
- Provide regular competitive and trending news/insights and ad hoc data-driven strategy recommendations.
- Research and review opportunities for cost savings, which include financial , operational, environment and sustainable
- Establish and lead operating processes and tools, use cross-functional knowledge to understand issues, trends, and perspectives that may influence the business. Identify challenges across the organisation and create programs and/or processes to solve them.
- Work with the FM team to organise town halls, team meetings and information cascades that drive messaging critical priorities.
- Build and maintain network across departments and functions to enable smooth operation of the FM department.
- Facilitate flow of information and communication before and after meetings.
- Work with the Communications Team to ensure strong, proactive and positive engagement between the senior management team and FM team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business management
- Formal training on Data Analytics, Business Intelligence or similar field
- Risk management qualification
- Master’s degree, preferably MBA
- Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and board members
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
- Excellent management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manipulate complex data sets
- Ability to drive improvement by working in collaboration with others
- Outstanding relationship and communications skills, able to build rapport
- Experience of advising the senior executive on corporate governance matters and providing direct support to leadership team
- Experience of directly supporting developing and implementing organisational strategy and business plans and working collaboratively with the leadership team
- Experience with senior management role, with demonstrable commercial, financial and operational experience
- Experience in overseeing and influencing a range of support functions such as Finance, HR, Compliance etc.)
- Significant experience of project management and organisational skills gained in a range of different organisational environments
- Attention to detail, drive, an eye for quality and a restlessness for delivering a world class service for a world class university
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in order to build close relationships with the members of the executive team and collaborate closely with managers and colleagues in other roles as well.
- Strong written communication skills to compile and present information in written form.
- Exceptional oral communication skills are essential for relaying information clearly and concisely to add efficiency.
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset
- Expertise at providing Board reports and governance support
Interest in this position is expected to be high, so it is advised that you apply for this role as soon as possible by either sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 4848.
The deadline for applications is Friday 21st February, 2020.