Facilities Manager (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
The Facilities Manager reports to the Head of Operations (Estates and Facilities) and plays a key role in the effective operation of the estates team. The post-holder should have facilities management experience and be committed to reducing the environmental impact of the School’s activities and implementing value for money.
- Managing soft services facilities and utilities including cleaning, catering, waste, washrooms, pest control, and energy contracts
- Maintaining the School grounds so that all areas are safe and suitable for school use
- Managing all aspects of health and safety including risks assessments, health and safety policy, fire safety and emergency planning
- Overseeing external lettings and school events, ensuring they are booked in, well organised and adequately supported
- Line managing the school’s caretakers, gardeners and the Compliance and Lettings Officer
- Supporting the Head of Team in setting strategy, completing major projects and delivering the Planned Preventative Maintenance programme (PPM), deputising in his absence.
- At least four years relevant experience, preferably in a school or similar environment
- A degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience of managing people and contractors
- Adept at building relationships with soft services suppliers and others
- Member of relevant professional institutions (IWFM, IOSH), holding a NEBOSH General Certificate working towards NEBOSH Diploma
- Personable, proactive, resilient, forward thinking with a can-do attitude
- Able to multitask with an eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of health and safety and a school compliance environment
If this sounds like the role for your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org without delay!