Electrical Testing and Inspection Technician (Shift)Back to Vacancies List
The role is critical to maintaining College functions, and is part of a specialist team of operational maintenance technicians focussing upon critical, essential, statutory and non-essential systems and asset operational maintenance.
This role with follow the following shift pattern:
4 days 7am-7pm
4 days off
4 nights 7pm-7am
4 nights off
The package breakdown is therefore:
£34,000 per annum basic salary plus 5% on-call allowance and 20% shift allowance, which equates to up to £45,000 per annum.
- To be the first line manager to designated teams.
- Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business-critical systems across the Estate.
- Carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites critical, electrical and HVAC services.
- Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and periodically update as may be required.
- Manage and conduct fault finding across all engineering infrastructures.
- Conduct statutory system & asset testing, and report accordingly.
- Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns.
- Deliver and comply with all Statutory, Company and Client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the College environment
Education / Qualification and Training Knowledge / skills
Education / Qualification and Training
Knowledge / skills
- Significant experience maintaining and operating building services in a complex building
- Previous experience in the University / HE sector
- Supervisory Experience of multi-disciplinary staff
- Significant post qualification experience.
- Experience of environmental, energy and H&S management systems
- Experience of working with electronic CAFM system
Personal Characteristics/Other Requirements
- Flexible attitude and a team player
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work without supervision
- Physically able to cope with the demands of working at height, working in confined spaces, carrying tools and a considerable amount of walking
- Articulate, tactful and diplomatic when dealing with staff at all levels
- A dedicated and flexible attitude with the ability to work proactively towards the team’s and College objectives
- Prepared to work and travel anywhere within our client’s estate
- Prepared to undertake any necessary training that may be required
- Hold a current valid driving UK license (desirable)
Do you think you’re a good fit for this position? We look forward to receiving your application.
You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org