Senior Maintenance Technician (Shift)Back to Vacancies List
The Senior Maintenance Technician will be responsible for managing and undertaking Hard Services, planned preventative and reactive maintenance across all buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and compliance requirements.
This role with follow the following shift pattern:
4 days 7am-7pm
4 days off
4 nights 7pm-7am
4 nights off
The package breakdown is therefore:
£34,000 per annum basic salary plus 5% on-call allowance and 20% shift allowance, which equates to up to £45,000 per annum.
- To be the first line manager to the designated shift team.
- Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business-critical systems across the Estate.
- Carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites critical, electrical and HVAC services.
- Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and periodically update as may be required.
- Manage and conduct fault finding across all engineering infrastructures.
- Conduct statutory system & asset testing, and report accordingly.
- Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns.
- Deliver and comply with all Statutory, Company and Client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the College environment.
Education/Qualification and Training
- Certified (currently valid) Mechanical, Electrical, or HVAC Craft Apprenticeship.
- ONC in a Building & construction discipline (desirable)
- IOSH Managing Safety
- CSCS card, PASMA, IPAF. (desirable)
- Grades A –C In English and Maths at GCSE (or equivalent) Level
Knowledge / Skills
- IT Literate
- Awareness of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ability to identify and report any untoward accident, incident or potentially hazardous situation as necessary
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and ability to prioritise workloads
- A good communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An organised and methodical approach to work
- Significant experience maintaining and operating building services in a complex building
- Previous experience in the University / HE sector
- Supervisory Experience of multi-disciplinary staff
- Significant post qualification experience.
- Experience of environmental, energy and H&S management systems
- Experience of working with electronic CAFM system
Personal Characteristics/Other Requirements
- Flexible attitude and a team player
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work without supervision
- Physically able to cope with the demands of working at height, working in confined spaces, carrying tools and a considerable amount of walking
- Articulate, tactful and diplomatic when dealing with staff at all levels
- A dedicated and flexible attitude with the ability to work proactively towards the team’s and College objectives
- Prepared to work and travel anywhere within our client’s Estate
- Prepared to undertake any necessary training that may be required
- Hold a current valid driving UK license (desirable)
Sound like the role for you? We look forward to receiving your application.