Operations ManagerBack to Vacancies List
This is a new opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest asset management companies.
Our prestigious client has asked us to find a passionate and results-driven Operations Manager to uphold their world class reputation. The post holder will be responsible for managing, promoting and being responsible for the day-to-day management of cleaning, security, reception, telephone and administration services.
- Using tact and diplomacy provide a customer-focused service ensuring a consistent, high-quality delivery to the occupiers in accordance with lease obligations, engaging with both their operational teams as well as the occupiers.
- The individual represents the client as a high-profile Manager and delivers external and internal presentations to a variety of audiences to show-case the property and the operational performance.
- Work closely with the General Manager & Technical Services Manager (where applicable) to make sure all teams are fully trained and given the best coaching and development possible.
- Manage, motivate and develop the building team to achieve exceptional results.
- The Operations Manager leads by example with a hands-on visibility, defines and promotes an operational vision that is relevant and benefitting the occupiers, visitors and all other users of the property.
- Proactive in building relationships and operational understanding with all levels of occupiers. Utilising team engagement as a key business driver.
- To be reasonably available outside normal working hours to cover for emergency situations. Lead the liaison of the occupier moving in/out process from a soft services perspective.
- Prepare, monitor and reconcile service charge budget lines, in consultation with the General Manager.
- Ensure signed contracts are in place for all suppliers and that these are reviewed at specified periods including full tender activity, where necessary.
- Audit and check supplier delivery, being responsible for authorisation of contractor invoices for payment with allocated authority.
- Maintain proper records of expenditure and spending commitments, using the appropriate technology provided.
Systems & Processes:
- Act as Deputy Responsible Person in the General Manager’s absence.
- Ensure that staffing levels are adequate, and provision is made for emergency and out of hours cover.
- Deliver sustainable best practice in all areas of responsibility and assist in target setting and monitoring for the property on an annual basis.
- Be familiar with all layouts within the building, undertaking building inspections and initiate / progress any required works.
- Assist in ensuring that health and safety compliance at the Property under the Landlord’s control is conducted to ISO 45001 standards, where obtainable, after training.
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at works.
- To co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable the company to comply fully and at all times with its legal duties regarding health, safety and welfare matters.
- Never to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- To familiarise yourself with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and to comply fully at all times with the company’s health, safety, welfare and fire arrangements.
- To report immediately all accidents involving injuries and illness verbally to your immediate superior and a First Aider and make or have made on your behalf, an entry in the company’s Accident Book
- NEBOSH OR IOSH H&S qualification
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices
- Experience gained within a multi-discipline soft services environment in a management or supervisory role
- Demonstrable Customer Service experience
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
- Experience of working within a service charge driven environment
- Tender and / or Management of Third-Party Contracts
- Multi-let property management experience
- Membership to the Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management (IWFM) or Assoc RICS or ACIBSE
- Prior experience of holding direct line management responsibilities
- Previous experience of holding budgetary responsibility
- Experience of operating H&S Management Systems
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.