Health & Safety ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our prestigious client have recently commissioned Maxwell Stephens to recruit for a Health & Safety Manager based at their sports stadium in London to provide a professional advisory, monitoring and support for all matters of Health and Safety provision.
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “rotateIn” entry_delay= “2” entry_duration= “0.5” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
- Having worked in comparable environments over the past few years, you’ve had the chance to develop exceptional interpersonal skills. Building strong relationships with stakeholders comes naturally to you, and you’re able to maintain smooth and effective communication whilst working across a similar environment.
- You thrive in this world of Health & Safety – with extensive experience in conducting premises inspections, your health and safety knowledge is second to none.
- Holding NEBOSH Diploma accreditation (OR Higher) and various associated qualifications, you also have a membership to a variety of relevant professional bodies.
- Your in-depth understanding and research into H&S means you’re able to provide expert advice on all related matters. A highly organised individual, you’re able to administer complex work programmes; carrying out your duties to the highest standard, whether alone or alongside your team.
- With excellent written and verbal communication skills, you are also highly proficient in Microsoft Office programmes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You’ll play a key role in our client’s H&S team, doing everything you can to provide the highest levels of health, safety and sustainability for the huge site. As the company’s ‘Subject Matter Expert’, your passion will be the driving force behind the Health & Safety strategy and implementation, through the Heads of Department and, as appropriate, specialist consultants.
- Working as the point of call for all H&S issues, you’ll help our client achieve a highly efficient site.
- With the team you’ll be providing a world-class service to our client whilst helping them to develop their skills. You’ll be co-ordinating your team day-to-day and throughout various projects, as they rely on your expertise to achieve the best possible results.
- Your outstanding interpersonal skills will be put to good use, as you provide practical and effective support and training to Senior Management and all employees on all H&S issues. Assisting in all incident & accident investigations, carrying out audits and risk assessments, implementing the corrective actions they set out, and producing monthly management reports, your experience in this area will be invaluable to our client.
- You will represent our client in regular meetings with various enforcement agencies, including Local Authorities, London Fire Brigade, and the Health & Safety Executive. As an ongoing project, you will also contribute and make recommendations to the development, maintenance and review of the company’s H&S policies and procedures. .
- Day-to-day, you’ll be managing relationships on multiple levels. Whilst you will supervise your team through projects and development, you’ll mostly be working independently to help develop the firm’s H&S service delivery.
- In this highly responsible role, you will oversee the Environmental Management System for the entire company, in compliance with ISO 14001. For this, you’ll monitor and report on the firm’s energy, waste-streams and paper management systems; ensuring all targets are met in a timely manner and to individual specification.
- Due to the current situation, your extensive skillset will also be required to manage the implementation of Government, ECB Covid-19 guidelines into existing policies and procedures.
- You will of course have to liaise with the Club’s Safety Officer on days of Major Matches and liaise regarding kitchen, cellar storage, allergens, food hygiene & safety. Carry out regular inspections of the catering facilities and liaising with match day food hygiene specialist.
- You’ll need to stay aware of your department’s budget throughout, with cost control responsibilities.
- On top of this, you’ll be the face of the department; attending committees, parties, and external networking events as a H&S expert. Staying on top of any new marketing developments and changing legislation, these events will help give your team and your company a competitive edge.
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “fadeInRightBig” entry_delay= “3” entry_duration= “0.5” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
A highly responsible and diverse role, this is the ideal opportunity for an experience H&S manager looking for a new challenge.
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response for this role, so apply without delay to avoid disappointment.