Buildings SupervisorBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a highly recognised client to recruit a Buildings Supervisor to provide day to day supervision of works being carried out across the estate.
- To work with the Operations Surveyors to schedule, allocate and oversee the day-to-day resourcing of minor projects and reactive works, working with Property Section colleagues to provide co-ordination across the property management functions
- To supervise and review work to ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained, and that activities are completed on time, within budget and to agreed specifications, quality and safety standards
- To provide instruction, advice and guidance to the internal team and external contractors.
- To oversee the day-to-day work of external contractors to ensure that work is assigned correctly, problems are effectively and efficiently remedied; and that work is completed on time, within budget and to agreed quality and safety standards
- To ensure that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the contract information
- To report regularly to the relevant Operations Surveyor on the progress of works and non-routine problems
- To undertake regular audits and inspections of supply chain partner works, to document and provide reporting on adherence with requirements.
- To manage small works projects under the direction of the Operations Surveyors or Head of Property Operations
- To produce planned maintenance schedules for a range of maintenance activities, which will form part of overall estate wide management plans.
- To carry out pre- and post-inspections of all works, as well as monitoring works in progress, ensuring that quality controls are in place and works are compliant with statutory regulations
- To ensure that current knowledge of building legislation, standards, and statutory compliance is up-to-date and that requirements are met. To ensure that policies and procedures (internal and external) are understood and that team members/contractors are appropriately advised.
- To promote a culture of risk awareness and ensure the appropriate management of external suppliers ensuring appropriate induction and H&S protocols are adhered to.
- To communicate effectively with internal customers (including employees and residents) and those affected by works, providing briefings and updates on a timely basis
- In conjunction with the Operations Surveyors, to liaise closely with customers to ensure the service provided meets their needs and expectations and that the highest levels of customer service are delivered
- To maintain liaison with the maintenance team and ensure that all hand-over/hand-back arrangements are effective and undertaken in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the monthly newsletter ensuring the activities of the Property Section are recorded
- Ideally possess a Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Possess a City and Guilds, Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, and have substantial property experience gained in an environment of occupied spaces. Experience of working on multi-site estates and with historic / listed buildings would be a real advantage.
- Proven supervisory skills demonstrated through the supervision of in-house teams and contractor relationships
- Have experience of using a Computer Aided Facilities management System (CAFM).
- Extensive experience in establishing and maintaining good stakeholder/customer relationships, with excellent communication skills and an approachable ‘can-do’ attitude
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach to teamwork is essential
- Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of maintenance services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement
- Organised, self motivated and flexible. Able to manage time effectively to achieve tight programmes, prioritise workloads and adapt to changing circumstances
- A proven ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office.