Assistant Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by one of the world’s leading real estate firms, whom now have an actively managed portfolio of close to 100 Buildings in London…
They have asked us to recruit for an ambitious and experienced Assistant Building Manager to join their site based in Shoreditch.
Duties and Responsibilities
Plant & Lifts
- Monitor Lift-servicing records highlighting & reporting any deviations from the laid down programme, schedules & any missing documentation, report all breakdowns, faults, failures, trap-ins or other problems that may arise, calling in the appointed contractors to investigate and repair. Record details of failures, service or other problems added from information supplied weekly from site records.
- Carry out weekly lift alarm tests
- Provide on a regular basis a list of all orders placed with contractors for maintenance work undertaken outside of the contracts.
- Ensure that all service documentation and testing detail is available on site and is up to date including all insurance inspections and statutory test detail.
- Control contract and security staff; key registering, recording & control. Police liaison.
- Ensure compliance of the building assignment instruction & security requirements.
- Ensure the correct operation and continual monitoring of the buildings CCTV system ensuring that all records are kept, and statutory procedures are carried out.
- Ensure that all Visitors are correctly booked into the building
- Monitor domestic staff
- Control contract cleaning staff and cleaning materials.
- Ensure the buildings cleaning specification is followed and all work is carried out.
- Ensure all cleaning materials and chemicals are covered by COSHH assessments and safety data sheets and where possible are environmentally friendly
- Advise the Facilities/Management Surveyor of any areas the cleaning specification requiring to be updated
- Monitor reception / domestic staff / goods-in & Post
- Manage common area minor works, with the authority of the management office except for emergency works where the Assistant Building Manager working with the Building / Operations Manager may proceed without authorisation. The management office should be informed of the situation as soon as is practically possible.
- Monitor maintenance works (i.e. redecoration) assist with provision of quotations and reasoning to be forwarded to the management office for approval.
- Assist the Building / Operations Manager with ensuring that all contractors are issued with the correct permits to work for the tasks they are required to perform.
- Liaise with onsite building contractors to ensure minimum disruption to the tenants and building therefore enabling the contractors to carry out their works with the minimum of delay.
- Ensure contractors comply with the contractor procedures of the building.
- Ensure that any contractors working directly for tenants are aware to the regulations governing the common part areas
- Keep the Disaster Recover procedure document up to date
- The Assistant Building Manager could be one of the key decision-makers in the event of any element of Disaster Recovery i.e. a bomb threat or fire emergency and will be responsible for the effective implementation of site procedures where appropriate.
- Represent the client when dealing with external bodies such as Environmental Health, Fire Service, and HSE etc. Liaison with Local Authorities for legal requirements connected with the property.
- Carry out the weekly Fire alarm test and complete the appropriate log.
- Ensure that the log entries and maintenance records for Fire alarms servicing and testing, other fire equipment (Extinguishers/ dry or wet risers/hose reels etc.) fire drills are correctly logged, ensuring compliance with Fire Authority requirements.
- Organise staff and tenant fire marshal training
- Ensure that a weekly test of Emergency lights throughout the building is carried and the results are recorded
- The Assistant Building Manager will be required to maintain contact with the appropriate Management of each tenant and deal with requests, complaints and all other incidents such as emergencies and disruption due to building alterations as they occur. The importance of a firm but diplomatic relationship with tenants at all levels cannot be over stressed.
- Proactively deal with Facilities / building Management related issues and provide a customer focused service.
- Build successful business relationships with the occupiers of the buildings, the principle tenants, Landlords, service providers as appropriate.
- To proactively highlight sustainability issues to tenants through the Green forum
- The Assistant Building Manager will be required to assist any off the street potential clients to view any vacant areas, provide assistance necessary to secure any potential letting.
- The Assistant Building Manager will be expected to work with the Building / Operations Manager to keep all services under review and make recommendations and implement improved services whenever these are feasible having regard to lease restrictions and budgetary considerations.
- To understand business needs and the Company’s Ambitions and ensure that the Building team contributes to the corporate goals.
- Well presented
- Good communication skills
- IT literate
- NEBOSH qualification or willing to attend training to achieve the qualification.
- Working knowledge of property-based health and safety law & practice
- Adaptable, good problem solver
- Awareness of sustainability issues and good practice
- Resilience & tenacity
If this does seem of interest, please send your CV directly to email@example.com or give him a call on 0203 903 4266