Campus Supervisor (6 Months Fixed Term Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are delighted to have been instructed by a leading University, to recruit for a Campus Supervisor based on a 6 Months Fixed Term Contract with the potential to go permanent. You will be part of the Estates Team and will rotate between several of their London sites.
You will be required to work on a alternating shift pattern:
- of 08.00 to 16.00 (early shift)
- or 12.00 to 20.00 (late shift)
- With shift allocations changing on a fortnightly basis (2 weeks early, 2 weeks late).
- Act as the front line, local contact point for students for operational facilities management services in a designated building/area of the campus providing a high level of customer service.
- Assist students with any operational issues such as wayfinding, location of facilities, access to resources and communication of FM service offer (e.g. opening hours, catering, housekeeping etc.).
Storage and removals:
- Support students in the packing, moving and storing of their work and personal belongings throughout the academic cycle.
- Assisting with the process of changeovers between teaching ‘bursts’ on campus, locating and recalling items sent to off-site storage, and packing items for shipping as required.
Health and safety:
- Continuously monitor the activities being undertaken in the studio, activity and communal spaces of the University to ensure all health and safety procedures and protocols are being followed.
- Ensure that fixtures and fittings are not damaged or defaced, and that no alterations are made to studio/activity setting layouts without appropriate authorisation.
- Ensure appropriate storage or removal of all flammable materials, hazardous chemicals, or other prohibited items.
- Ensure that any current safety protocols (e.g. social distancing, use of one-way traffic routes, regular hand sanitisation in response to Covid-19) are observed.
- Promptly report any non-conformances to the relevant Senior Representative.
- Check regularly that students and staff are wearing and using their security passes/student ID cards, and liaise with relevant colleagues to assist with any access issues (e.g. replacement of broken cards, changes of access permissions etc.).
- Proactively undertake start-of-day and routine daily checks of the designated building/area to ensure that all areas are safe, operational and fit for purpose.
- Report any defects or maintenance issues promptly to the Estates Helpdesk, log and follow up regularly for response to work items and check for completion of any remedial work items in line with the agreed quality standards and the Service Level Agreements with relevant maintenance contractors.
- Carry out routine daily and weekly checks on cleaning services.
- Ensure that all areas of the designated building/area are cleaned according to the agreed quality standards and Service Level Agreement with the cleaning contractor.
- Act as the trained First Aider for the building/designated area of the sites, and attend to any emergency incidents or requests for first aid.
- Carry out any moves or changes to room set-ups or furniture layouts as instructed by relevant colleagues, including moving and setting up equipment (e.g. conference phones, Zoom screens).
- Move and deliver incoming post and parcels, bulk stationery and other materials deliveries to staff and students as required.
- Campus Supervisors will be provided with regular (and refresher) training in order to be able to maintain their duties as Fire Wardens and as qualified First Aiders.
- A suitable branded uniform will be provided, which will be worn at all times when on duty.
- Level 2 (GCSE) passes in English and mathematics.
- Clear and effective communicator – both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of working in a customer-facing and service delivery role in a busy environment, working across multiple sites.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks requiring manual handling skills.
- Effective planning, organising and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload whilst retaining excellent customer service standards.
- Experience of working in a diverse, multicultural environment, and of interacting positively with customers from a range of backgrounds, ethnicity and cultures.
- Ability to work proactively and use initiative to resolve day-to-day problems.
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- A strong team-player with the ability to work individually.