Temporary Warehouse Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
As the Warehouse Facilities Manager you will be working alongside facilities manager, warehouse managers, security, Health and Safety, Operations Directors, Facilities’ onsite maintenance teams and external contractors.
You will be responsible for supporting the Facilities co-ordinators and maintenance team to ensure that our clients Warehouses are kept to a high standard and provide a safe, functional and happy place for the people. The Warehouse Facilities Manager will be required to support the business by providing reactive and planned maintenance along with project work across the warehouse.
- Manage and support the on-site facilities team.
- Contractor liaison and contractor supervision including set up, renewal and management of service levels and contracts.
- Site compliance and standards inspections.
- Obtaining quotes and raising purchase orders
- Managing the PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) Schedule.
- Customer liaison (warehouse managers, office staff, H&S team etc.)
- Compiling reports such as board reports, monthly/weekly service delivery reports etc.
- Update and monitor maintenance records – asset registers, operating requirements.
- Planning decorative works.
- Risk management – issuing permits, risk assessing and compliance.
- Ordering relevant equipment.
- Support projects teams in development of site.
- Required to oversee out of hours scheduled and reactive works.
- Produce accurate reports regarding the performance of the maintenance function as a whole
- The ability to provide relevant quotes and comparisons for tender
- The ability to negotiate with contractors / cost engineering
- Escalation of issues to the correct resources
- Adherence to service level agreements
- Ensuring Health and Safety is upheld working closely with our H&S team
- Ensure daily site inspections are complete
- Managing small projects
- Contractor management
- The ability to interpret Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Managing the work load of a small team of cleaners
- Managing the work load of a small maintenance team
- Excellent understanding of M&E and building fabric services
You will be driven to ensure quality, adherence and excellence is continual carried out at all times. You will need to maintain a deep rooted desire for great customer satisfaction and continually drive the importance of health and safety in everything the facilities department does. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with people and emergency situations
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience within a fast-paced facilities role preferably with a logistics/warehouse background.
- Health & Safety knowledge (IOSH/NEBOSH desired).
- The ability to understand and interpret RAMS and Permits.
- Experience of Insurance/Fire safety requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Decisive yet methodical
- Customer focused
- Open Communicator
- Understanding of facilities/operational priorities
- Ability to manage a small maintenance team
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with people and emergency situations
- Full UK driving licence