Workplace Services DirectorBack to Vacancies List
Our client, are now looking to recruit a Workplace Services Director to lead the implementation on and integrated workplace and facilities management, based in Bristol.
· Working with the senior leadership team to agree, develop and own the delivery of strategic operational plans, objectives and initiatives.
· To ensure the effective performance management of all contracted integrated workplace services for all clients – to include traditional soft service areas plus a full partner network and an estate-wide contact centre operation.
· Ownership and ongoing development of the relationship between services and the client for each operational contract.
· To deliver effective and inspirational multi-site operational leadership
· To drive operational efficiencies and team productivity, operational best practice and continuous improvement programs as required.
· To manage and lead the core operations team, including continuous professional development plans, mentoring and performance management, meetings and reviews, organisational structure and other related activities.
· To deliver an active roadmap of continuous improvement initiatives across people, process and systems.
· To produce reports, presentations and lead operations meetings both internally and externally with the client unit, as required.
· Work with the finance team to ensure high quality, timely delivered, best value integrated workplace services whilst maintaining compliance with all procurement and finance policies and procedures.
· Management of finance systems and budgets in line with the above point and individual contract and service line budget details.
· Ensure compliance with organisational Health & Safety policy, processes and procedures in all operational activities, ensuring appropriate risk assessments, method statements are activated, and corrective actions documented and addressed.
· To support the team as required with proposal build-ups and costings for additional contract services for clients.
• Educated to degree level in a subject(s) related to facilities management, project or business management.
• Membership of the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM), International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) or any other associated professional organisation
• Significant service contract management experience including service partner vendor negotiation and procurement.
• Significant experience of supplier side/service provision as opposed to in-house/client side experience, providing a solid understanding of models of operation, commerciality and the market.
• Experience of dealing with ISO 9001 or ISO 140001 quality or environmental management standards and robust Health & Safety systems (SHEQ).
• High quality IT skills with a high-level working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
• Experience of the set-up and use of modern end-to-end service management systems and the management of an estate-wide operation
• Ability to produce high quality business documents including proposals, spreadsheets, presentations and management dashboard reports from first principles.
• Several years of experience in a leadership role for a supply side facilities service operations business
• A can-do attitude is essential as is self-motivation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to flex between being operationally strategic and operationally hands-on as a leader when required.
• First-class management, organisation, prioritisation of multiple tasks and communication at shareholder, executive and operational levels.
• NEBOSH or IOSH Managing Safely qualified or equivalent.
• ISO 45000 Facilities Management
• A good understanding of working with a public sector organisation
• Project management experience
• A great sense of humour