Facilities CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a creative company to recruit for a Facilities Coordinator to join their team in North London.
The Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business. You will ensure the company has the most suitable working environment for both its employees and clients. You will be part of central services that link all the departments across the company as well as multiple sites we operate on.
There are lots of opportunities in this role to own and influence a number of initiatives that are being developed. Therefore, the individual will need to have a ‘can-do’ attitude, provide solutions and be accountable for his/her own work.
The Facilities Coordinator will report to the Facilities and Building Manager
- Coordinating building maintenance and reactive repairs.
- Supervising and coordinating the contractors.
- Carrying out minor repairs/reporting a fault to the maintenance contractor and Facilities and Buildings
- Manager as appropriate.
- Ensuring the agreed work by either staff or contractors has been completed to a required standard.
- Following up on any deficiencies.
- Coordinating essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling.
- Responding appropriately to urgent issues as they arise.
- Coordinating planned maintenance and certification such as Fire Extinguishers, Fire Alarms, LOLER (rights and lifts), Gas Safe (boilers), air con, water sampling, drain flushing.
- Responding to ad hoc maintenance issues throughout the day and carrying out basic maintenance (e.g. changing lamps, fuses, etc).
- Carrying out inspection checks and test for the following: Carrying monthly fire safety checks; carrying monthly emergency light checks; monitoring health and safety.
- Ensuring fire alarm test have been carried out
- Checking quality of cleaning and reporting any issues to the contractor
- Promoting good housekeeping amongst team
- Managing onsite storage, including those to be bound and kept in archive.
- Taking and recording the meter reading.
- Monitoring consumables and replenishing accordingly.
- Assisting with building security including Access control system, intruder alarm and CCTV.
- Intermediate IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent people skills – being able to deal with the clients and employees across the business at all levels.
- Practical/hands on maintenance skills
- Ability to fluidly and confidently work in ambiguous situations.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- Proactive analytical attitude.
- Strong team player.
- Two years experience in building/facilities management.
- Experience with Paxton and security software systems (desirable).
- Facilities Management or Health and Safety qualification such as IWFM or IOSH (desirable).
- Knowledge of fire detection and related safety systems.
- Understanding of electrical infrastructure (desirable).