Part Time Facilities Manager (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
A leading venture capitalist company has assigned Maxwell Stephens, to recruit for a Facilities Manager on a part time basis.
This is 2 days – 3 days week, initial temporary contract.
This is a new role covering management of an office and warehouse in Cambridge and ensuring that a seamless level of facilities management and front of house management is provided to the business.
Reporting to the Director level, you will directly manage resources when required, alongside an outsourced contractors
- Responsible for both hard and soft services. Strong emphasis on soft, world class and bespoke corporate services.
- Implement firm wide FM policies to meet local standards and requirements.
- Implement and monitor adherence to global facilities policies and procedures
- Ensure facility procedures comply with local regulations to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance
- Managing the annual Facilities budget, providing updates and monitoring costs with an emphasis on cost efficiency
- Conceive and implement internal FM communication plan with stakeholders and building users
- Provide onsite supervision for the successful implementation of facilities projects
- Evaluate the service that they receive from suppliers and be proactive in taking action to improve services.
- Maintain positive relationships with leadership, associates, sub-contractors, suppliers, architects, and building managers.
- Prepare and monitor operating budget.
- Manage facilities and physical security incidents and crises as they occur by facilitating communications, assisting with the business recovery process, and organizing root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Manage contract management policies and procedures
- Negotiate favourable terms with Facilities/office suppliers and work with Legal in the US to ensure contracts are fit for purpose and best value
Health & Safety:
- Have an up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation and ensure that Baird adheres to its responsibilities as an employer
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are up to date and adhere to best practices
- Conduct health and safety inductions with new starters
- Conduct workplace and DSE risk assessments
- Responsible for emergency preparedness including fire risk assessment and ensuring all action points are dealt with
- Excellent in-house client-side FM service delivery
- Ability to influence a range of key stakeholders and act as SME for FM at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to conceive, develop and implement new FM systems
- IOSH qualification is required
- Experience of leading hybrid teams across both insourced and outsourced models
- Experience of procuring FM services and managing FM contracts
- Experience of implementing data capture, performance measurement and management systems
- Experience of providing a high level of corporate facilities management/front of house service in an organisation
- Member of IWFM
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaborator and superior leadership – demonstrated ability to influence and build consensus around new ideas and methods at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adapt – the individual will need to adapt quickly to changes in scope or direction and be flexible to adopting changes quickly.
- Customer-oriented with a strong service mentality.
- Must be a results-driven, process-oriented individual focused on continuous improvement. Strong problem-solving skills – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.