Facilities and Health & Safety ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a leading clinical development company to recruit for a Facilities and Health & Safety Manager, to manage every facet of the Facilities department.
The perspective, analysis and actions of the Facilities and Health & Safety Manager will be both top-down strategic and bottom-up tactical, focused on the delivery and management of facilities and infrastructure to the different needs and demands of the business; that are to the appropriate quality, robust, secure and scalable.
- Scope, define and implement agreed premises strategy;
- Manage multi-site Facilities and Health & Safety team;
- Drive strategic and tactical delivery of facilities and infrastructure, across multiple locations;
- Proactively scope, manage and control Premises budget, forecasting and reviewing on a regular basis.
- Scope, define, implement and manage the delivery of the Facilities and Health & Safety department against appropriate SLAs;
- Implement systems, policies & operational frameworks (including change control and prioritisation of projects) that deliver to a fast-growing business;
- Implement and manage the agreed Business Continuity Plan, conducting annual testing and reviews on a regular basis.
- Manage compliance with its Health & Safety obligations.
- Direct all facility services and logistics across the nationwide portfolio, reviewing any technical issues that arise and providing the most appropriate, timely and cost effective resolutions;
- Managing external Service Level Agreements for all hard and soft service aspects of the portfolio, the services provided and the contractors working on sites
- Plan and coordinate schedules of planned technical maintenance and planned preventative maintenance routines for equipment, machinery, tools, buildings and engineering services across all sites;
- Direct premises operations in terms of property leases, agreed terms and landlord relationships ensuring all tenant covenants are met;
- Proactive engagement with Divisions and Departments (including appropriate monthly meetings) regarding nationwide property portfolio to oversee service provision and future projects and improvements, providing technical guidance where necessary;
- Keep up-to-date with Health & Safety Legislation in respect of environment and plant and machinery and formulate appropriate policies and procedures
- Oversee all company fire safety systems and procedures in line with current legislation and regulations;
- Oversee all staff security and safety across all sites, to include but not limited to, access control, reader grouping, contractor screening, lock down protocols, emergency procedures, key-holder access and out of hours access;
- Manage and contribute to the company restructures and relocations of premise. Provide fit-out of new premises including appointment and management of professional services, design specification, project management, technical input, stakeholder inclusion and planning, establish, procure and monitor the execution of the works identified by programme and business requirement/premises strategy;
- Manage all facilities suppliers, ensuring contracts, maintenance and SLA agreements where agreed with Commercial Director and CFBO if required are executed. Maintain a register of suppliers and contracts which is keep up to date stating expiry of contract, type of agreement and key information to manage effectively.
- Responsible for all departmental budget, expenditure, forecasting and financial reporting within the Facilities and Health & Safety function across the nationwide property portfolio to include all new projects and associated costs;
- Provide guidance and support on any GMO studies or matters across the business, attending all GMO meetings when required.
- The role is London based but will require travel to each site to conduct audits, reviews and landlord meeting when required.
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C
- BSC – DSE assessment
Competencies and Skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment such as GLP, GCP or GMP
- Personable, dynamic, sense of initiative, flexible with an attention to details
- Move Management
- Previous management and team leader experience
- Project Management skills