Facilities DirectorBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading Financial Services business, are currently looking to appoint a Facilities Director based in their London Office.
As Facilities Director, you’ll create and maintain a company culture-distinctive working environment for staff, suppliers, and guests alike.
You’ll help our client to embrace new and business-enhancing technologies and work to ensure that our client’s supporting providers and processes are both robust and efficient.
Your job responsibilities
- You’ll set our client’s facilities strategy, outlining plans and goals for each year and communicating both in such a way that other employees and external suppliers know what needs to be done and when.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for all workplace- and facilities-related questions on everything from cleaning, catering, the post room, and our client’s front of house.
- In your role as a team builder, you’ll motivate, develop, and lead with our client’s external suppliers (including on catering, cleaning, M&E, storage, utilities, real estate, car fleet, and more). You’ll make that contracts are managed correctly and that all issues are resolved satisfactorily and in a timely fashion. As a face in the London FM scene, you’ll be able to plug our client in with other technology and media companies.
- You’ll lead innovation in the business by using technology to streamline working and improve collaboration – the end goal being a great environment company-wide. Managing budgets and paying suppliers efficiently will fall under your remit as well as looking for ways to achieve real savings in the operation of the business.
- You’ll bring our client a deep expertise in FM. For previous employers, you will have planned and implemented projects over longer time periods, managed day to day operations, and ensured organisation-wide legal and regulatory compliance. This expertise is underpinned with a broad understanding of the theory and practice of building management, procurement, H&S, and technology.
- You have a personal passion for discovering new technology that can make a significant, positive, and ongoing impact to a business.
- The places you’ve worked have required you to be responsive and adaptable to changing business needs, requiring an ability to be analytical and creative in problem solving and capacity to absorb complex technical, property, and commercial information.
- On a personal level, you have gravitas. You know how to positively influence people with superior communication ability and stakeholder management skills. Your style is coaching-led – you’re not a micro manager and you don’t believe improvement comes through continual critiquing.
- Although not essential, membership of IWFM and IOSH certification will be viewed favourable by our client.
- Essential: You must be degree qualified in any field
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.