Senior Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a successful education establishment, seeking a Senior Facilities Manager who can ideally start immediately with them. This will be for an initial period of 6 months as a full time, fixed term contract.
The role sits within the Operations Team and will take overall responsibility for the management of facilities and site operations at the London site. Travel to other sites may be required.
Your role will include the effective management and development of services and the provision of safe, high quality academic and office environments which optimise the student and staff experience. There will be a substantial liaison function with internal and external stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and duties
- To take overall responsibility for all aspects of premises and site operations on the London site and potentially over properties across London. There may also be the potential to travel to other sites in Brighton too.
- To take responsibility for the management of all on site operations and hard and soft services, both in house and outsourced. To include catering, events, maintenance, post, timetabling, space management, cleaning, reception, security and overseeing the office management and reception functions
- Manage the relationship with the buildings’ landlord and service provider, escalating service issues to the landlord’s management team
- Ensure site activities and services meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Oversee the business continuity teams, leading regular meetings and keeping business continuity/disaster recovery plans and risk assessments up to date
- Promote and deliver the customer promise – ‘the quality student experience’.
- Build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- To take responsibility for all Health and Safety related matters, ensuring all compliance regulations are adhered to including but not restricted to health and safety regulations including monitoring systems, the collection of data for carbon reporting requirements, procedures and policies, permits, fire procedures and first aid provision;
- To manage and organise facilities and services efficiently and effectively to enhance the student experience and ensure the provision of a safe and pleasant working and learning environment.
- To ensure effective utilisation of resources in line with client objectives, deploying them effectively in line with budget constraints. Seek efficiency in spending in order to maximise profits whilst maintaining quality.
- Lead on the preparation and implementation of the maintenance plan and replacement programme; Manage the facilities budget and liaise with the Finance team and other key stakeholders in the preparation and oversight of the annual budget.
- Be responsible for the procurement of facilities related items and other large resource contracts, seeking value for money at all times.
- Recruit, retain, develop and deploy staff appropriately and assist in managing their workload to achieve organisational goals. Provide a performance management culture which promotes the attraction, retention and development of quality employees.
- Facilitate employees returning to the buildings by working with the Brighton and Middlesex Street business continuity team to make the office COVID-19 secure whilst following up-to-date Government guidelines
· Appropriate DBS disclosure will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
· A minimum of 5 years senior leadership experience in Estates & Facilities Management and/or the management of major Capital Projects
· Experience of managing an internal maintenance team
· Experience of being responsible for significant size budgets
· The ability to deploy and manage resources effectively with effective priority and time management
· Experience and evidence of effective leadership and management with a participative and inclusive style
· Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
· The ability to negotiate with and influence key stakeholders
· An ability to understand complex relationships and deal effectively and tactfully with sensitive issues
· Competent IT and analytical skills
· Committed and responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young adults
· NEBOSH Health & Safety certification is also highly desirable