Assistant Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Manager for a great building based in Victoria, London. The ideal candidate for this role must understand working for a property company from a facilities management perspective. Our client are really looking for someone who is passionate about managing buildings/facilities and has drive and ambition to succeed. In order to be successful in this environment you must be a team player and have an engaging personality.
Our client’s current property portfolio in London is worth in excess of £5 Billion and is made up of high end commercial multi let space and also some high end residential.
In this role your main purpose to begin with will be to Assist the Building Manager to manage the day-to-day running of the building to deliver operational activities and services in line with agreed service levels/management agreements, associated legislation and compliance. A clear focus will be applied to general management of the building; and its security, safety, general compliance and managing contractors.
Support the Building Manager to develop operational service excellence through the frontline team/employees to ensure all accountabilities are delivered above and beyond clients’ expectations.
Regularly report to Building Manager on all building matters
- Support the Building Manager with the following:
- Overall management of the building and services while working in partnership with client, tenants and other stakeholders, e.g. heating, lifts, security, reception, cleaning, postal services, maintenance, fire precautions, health and safety – risk assessments.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance is not compromised. Responsible for recording incidents and Identifying trends or risks from well maintained and monitored Health and Safety records. Provide associated weekly reports to Building Manager.
- Ensure health and safety audits are regularly undertaken in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions are carried out within agreed timetable.
- Drafting and updating emergency plans, evacuation procedures and overseeing security, fire prevention, and other safety systems.
- Ensure all required building documentation and certification are up to date and logged.
- In accordance with approved safe systems of work, to plan, control and monitor vehicle and pedestrian movements on site.
- Oversee all general maintenance of site(s). Ensuring common areas and all grounds are kept to the required standard. Notify the FM of any repairs that are required in the building and keep a record of all reported faults in the building(s) and what action has been taken.
- Ensure all call, requests/ complaints and all other incidents; such as emergencies and disruption due to building alterations as they occur; are dealt with efficiently, effectively and in good time.
- Ensure effective and efficient running of all front of house, access control, reception and security services. Ensuring the site(s) security is maintained at all times.
- Maintain contact with appropriate management of tenants and deal with requests, complaints and other incidents.
- Support the Building Manager to review all services regularly and make recommendations, implement improved services where appropriate.
- Ensure all building documentation (policies, procedures, guidelines and statutory requirements) are regularly reviewed, updated and in line with changing legislation/compliance.
- Plan, manage and implement scheduled and ad hoc maintenance and refurbishments. Ensuring contractors are monitored and controlled while on sites in accordance with client instructions.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and competencies:
- Experience of working in a similar role is essential
- Experience of operating CCTV, entry systems, fire alarm systems, lighting systems, visitors pass systems.
- BIFM/IOSH/NEBOSH/SIA (desirable)
- Good health and safety knowledge and experience, e.g. risk assessments and audits
- Project management
- Team management and development
- Management of in-house, supplier staff and contractors
- Understanding of commercial leases, building regulations, codes and standards of practice; maintenance contracts.
- Delivered to deadlines (projects, KPIs and SLAs, meeting action points)
- Budget management – good application of interpreting financial data
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) – Ability to read, understand, apply and communicate comprehensive written materials, e.g. building plans, tenders, regulations, legislation and company and client policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of working with Microsoft office or other IT and digital platforms
- Ability to work on own initiative, within a pressurised environment
- Assertive and diplomatic
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Highly developed Interpersonal skills to sustain effective relationships and partnership working with all stakeholders
- Seek opportunities and finds solutions to blockers.
- Excellent tenant engagement and understanding of marketing activities, e.g. via social media and other events.
To apply please contact one of our advisors for an informal/confidential discussion and a full job description on CV@maxwellstephens.com