Interim Head of FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a royal Institute to recruit a Head of Facilities for their large Grade I listed premises, based in London.
The Head of Facilities is responsible for the effective delivery of facilities services for all building users including staff, visitors, clients, audiences and tenants. They are responsible for ensuring that the physical environment is fit for purpose in terms of premises, facilities, health & safety and office accommodation in order to deliver successful staff performance and excellent customer service. Emphasis is placed on optimising the utilisation of space to maximise financial returns through venue hire, hospitality and commercial tenants.
- To strategically plan and manage the security, maintenance and development of the building, including completing regular fabric and M&E audits and cleaning audits
- To manage delivery of all facilities projects and activity in order to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity
- To devise and manage the facilities budget including procurement and to assess, forecast and achieve financial performance targets
- To develop effective relationships with all facilities suppliers and contractors and monitor against contractual KPIs and SLAs ensuring best value.
- Create and maintain robust administrative systems and relevant policies and procedures, including the Business Continuity Plan, to support the effective operations of the company
- To lead across the Ri ensure the effective and efficient scheduling and delivery of facilities and event operations to maximise utilisation and deliver excellent service standards
- To advise the Finance Director and management on matters relating to facilities including tenant relations, space and office allocation, health and safety and other relevant areas
Health and Safety
- Prepare operational information and reports on health and safety, for trustees and Leadership
- Be the named Health and Safety Officer (including chemical safety) and to comply with all legislation and guidance
- To act as the internal expert on building safety, regulatory and legal compliance, working across the organisation to ensure that risks are managed effectively, and the highest standards of safety are met.
- To act as the main point of contact for all health and safety matters including training; to communicate and consult with staff, including chairing the committee, in order to fulfil the Ri’s responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work legislation.
- Full line management responsibility for members of the Facilities team
- As a line manager and member of Senior Leadership Team, contribute to the overall operational direction and delivery of the organisation.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrable significant experience in facilities management, including contract management, tendering, business development, continuity planning, and hospitality services
- A proven track record of leading a support services team
- Experience of events and/or venue management
- Excellent people management skills and experience in championing customer service
- Experience of budget management and cost control
- Extensive experience in client liaison with ability to influence but also act with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively and influence at all levels
- Ability to find pragmatic solutions and adapt to changing situations.
- Demonstrable up-to-date knowledge of current licensing, H&S and disability/access legislation,
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing and delivering projects to improve efficiency and value for money
- Qualified first aider
- IOSH Managing Health & Safety (or equivalent)
- Managing Fire Safety
- Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in Maths and English
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate others
- Ability to see the big picture, but with an eye for detail
- Ability to seek improvements and embrace change
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively.
For a confidential conversation please get in touch with our engaged consultants at Maxwell Stephens; Peter Forshaw is available on Tel: 0207 118 4848.
To apply please send both a CV and a couple of paragraphs on why you feel you are suited to this exciting requirement to email@example.com with reference: MSIHFME