Health & Safety OfficerBack to Vacancies List
Our clients team supports a range of services to meet the needs of a fast moving, international investment business. The London-based team’s primary focus is on investment and supports business users. The team covers a wide range of activities including hard/soft services and Health Safety in the workplace. Our clients Facilities Department are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Officer, who can demonstrate you are able to work with the team also independently in your specialised field. This is a vital role in protecting employees and their visitors in the workplace.
Office hours will alternative between 7am – 4pm, 8am – 5pm and 9am – 6pm and these are rotational shifts. There will sometimes be weekend work and/or work into the evening.
• Review, update and manage related tasks for General Risk Assessment, Fire Risk Assessment and Covid 19 Risk Assessment. Working with Head of Facilities and external H&S Consultancy Process all staff DSE’s and progress actions as a priority
• Process all staff DSE’s and progress actions as a priority
• Ability to write and maintain specific risk assessments as and when required, i.e. maternity/Peep/Work Experience/Manual Handling/Cossh
• You will need to be knowledgeable on and comfortable writing risk assessments as well as comfortable working with H&S consultants. On a day to day basis you will be managing suppliers too.
• Continue to maintain Cossh for the office and subcontractors based onsite
• Maintain weekly walk round throughout our offices to identify all existing and potential hazards
• Coordinate Emergency Evacuation as a tenant with a multi-tenanted building
• Review all RAMs with Maintenance Manager for both contractors and sub-contractors
• Work with the Maintenance Manager to ensure PAT Testing completed in a timely manner
• Hold regular progress meetings with Head of Facilities re H&S
• Liaise with Building Management in relation to general H&S building wide issues
• Provide support from H&S perspective to the Facilities Team on refurbishments, power shutdowns, LTA’s
• Work with Maintenance Manager in relation to legionnaires
• Obtain annual Lift Certificates from Building Management
• Fire Extinguisher checks
• Support other members of the Facilities Team as and when required, including providing cover during leave
• Ad hoc tasks related to H&S and the Facilities Department.
Key Competencies & Skills:
• You will need to be a strong, adaptable communicator, used to working under pressure, familiar with tight deadlines and accuracy.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to have input at staff inductions
• Ability to work in an organised manner and prioritise workloads
• Patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach
• The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
• Attention to detail
• A flexible approach to work, as some out of hours work may be required
• An ability to understand Health & Safety regulations, in order to ensure we are continually compliant
• Physical fitness, as work within the facilities team involves manual handling aspects
• Personable and professional
• Smartly presented
• Team player, with a good sense of humour.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Educated qualification in Health & Safety – NEBOSH
• Proficient IT Skills – intermediate to advanced level
• Proficient in MS Office
• Trained to carry out DSE Workstation.
For a confidential conversation please get in touch with Maxwell Stephens; Peter Forshaw (email@example.com) on Tel: 0207 118 4848.
To apply please send both a CV and a couple of paragraphs on why you feel you are suited to this exciting requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference: MSHSOL