Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned one of the largest luxury hospitality companies in the UK to recruit a Facilities Manager based in West London. The client has a portfolio in excess of £1 Billion across the UK. The Facilities Manager is required to oversee and perform technical and mechanical work that ensures the building, apartments, grounds, amenities, and common areas, meets standards, of appearance, safety, and overall functionality by managing maintenance-related tasks.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of the site including overall inspections, repairs, and general maintenance of the apartments and the interior/exterior of the building.
- Lead the maintenance team by delegating, supervising, and directing the work of the department.
- Ensuring that the business meets its statutory obligations.
- This role is to be hired pre practical completion and this individual will be responsible for onboarding this development including commissioning M&E, snagging where required, warranty registration and overseeing the defects lifespan.
- In conjunction with the Community Manager for the site, develops standards for the maintenance of the building and exterior areas.
- Undertakes routine (daily) checks of apartments and other areas of the building, identifying maintenance tasks for the in-house team and scheduling contractor’s visits.
- Organise and manage the day to day distribution of tasks and jobs to the team
- Minimum of three years’ experience in property management as a Facilities Manager
- Preferred experience in the hospitality or housing sector (desirable)
- Comprehensive understanding of building maintenance
- IT skills including MS Word, Excel & Outlook (training will be provided for our internal database system)
- IT Savvy with CRM systems
- Ability to deal with immediate & urgent issues in a calm manner thereby reflecting professionalism
- Able to communicate clearly (both verbal and written)
- Natural service attitude, prepared to accept ownership of his/her responsibilities
- Able to work on own initiative
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop and apply new skills
- Able to understand and fix prioritise, to work under pressure, based on results
- Prepared to communicate and share information, work as a team
- Ability to communicate with guests on the resolution of maintenance issues in a diplomatic way
- Willing to assist in the training and instruction of others
- Customer facing attitude;
- Right first time approach to maintenance issues
- IOSH Minimum (NEBOSH Preferred)
- L8 certificate preferred
If this position may be of interest, please call 0207 118 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now to have a confidential conversation!