Facilities Building Manager (6 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a highly successful organisation, occupying a beautiful 200,000 sq ft building in central London.
- Oversee and deliver the provision of all services across all buildings and manage direct staff who are responsible for individual Service Partners.
- Work with stakeholders, both internally and externally, to provide a balanced and considered threat evaluation.
- Ensure that all Service Partner contracts are supported by accurate and realistic operational models which are flexible enough to meet changing business needs.
- Work with the Senior Manager to establish robust annual budgets and submit monthly reports confirming actual spend versus budget for all cost centres.
- Manage the M&E Contract Manager to ensure that all relevant services meet stringent compliance standards.
- Manage the Help Desk, ensuring that staff are fully trained on all required systems, capable of delivering high standards of customer service and conversant with all elements of facilities services to enable them to deal with all queries and requests.
- Manage the Coordinator to ensure full operational support is available as required to deliver services within the buildings.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to monitor required contractual activity, and to prepare documents as required to support commercial tender activity.
- Maintain robust SOPs for all elements of services required for the successful operation of all buildings. There should be an audit process in place to ensure the correct processes and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Undertake regular monitoring and auditing (including building inspections) of Service Partners to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Maintain Business Continuity Plans with Service Partners and other departments to ensure plans are up to date, practical and available. Ensure key technical elements of the BCP are sufficiently developed and any potential impact events are identified.
- Ensure that all Service Partners are fully aware of their respective requirements as part of the Incident Management process and that key parties are trained accordingly. This should include annual exercises to test all elements of the plan.
- Act as Duty Incident Manager as required within the F&W rota and support any incidents, emergencies and events that impact either the buildings or the services provided.
- Support ISO18001 and ISO14001 accreditation and compliance.
- Build, manage, lead and motivate an integrated, inclusive and flexible team, ensuring that people with the right range of skills and experience are recruited and retained, and that their skills and professional capabilities are maximised.
- Exercise cost control and manage expenditure to work within the agreed operating budget
Skills and Experience:
- A thorough operational knowledge of all key facility services.
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of current Health & Safety regulations in respect of the safe management of buildings.
- People management experience including the coaching and development of team members.
- Significant experience of contract management and administration.
- Commercial awareness, business acumen.
- Report writing.
- Strong, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, well organised and able to operate independently under broad direction.
- Budgetary control and forecasting.
- Competence to minimum intermediate level with Microsoft Office based applications.
- Educated to degree standard.
- Member of IWFM.
- Recognised H&S qualification (IOSH / NEBOSH).
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Motivated and organised with a desire to improve performance and deliver exceptional results.
- Customer-focused showing tact and diplomacy.
- Logical, methodical, common sense approach to problem solving and resource management.
- Excellent judgement with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Flexible, practical, hands-on.
- Focused on deliverables.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Ability to advise and guide colleagues in a supportive and interactive fashion.
- Ability to motivate staff and contractors to perform to the highest standard.
If this position may be of interest, submit your CV now to email@example.com or call 0207 118 4848 for a confidential conversation