Senior Project Manager (FTC)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-recognised non-profit organization, have assigned us to recruit for a Senior Project Manager on a 12 months fixed term contract.
- Ensure all projects meet requirements and standards.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety processes, all statutory/ mandatory requirements, including: Building Regulations, site review, CDM, method statements, risk assessments and site inspections.
- Preparation and presentation of business cases, development and design briefs in accordance with the agreed Project Process to ensure that all works are approved before funds are committed.
- Preparation and delivery of written periodic project reports relating to: feasibility, risks, project plan, proposals, progress, and forecasting.
- Preparation of risk registers and subsequent management of the agreed mitigation/ management strategy.
- Tender and procure consultants, contractors and equipment services to agreed project plan and in accordance with procurement procedures and processes.
- Preparation of specifications, drawings and tender documents including compliant tendering and obtaining statutory approvals.
- Undertake Project tender exercises and evaluate subsequent bids and returns to agreed written process including interviews, scoring and detailed analysis.
- Monitor and report periodically on budgets and cash flow to ensure project costs are kept within budget and best value is achieved to the business case or better.
- Review, comment and challenge commercial and technical documentation.
- Project close out including sign off and facilitating lessons learnt workshops and recommendations for future project management.
- Responsible for ensuring standards and project administration are adhered to by the project team including processes and procedures required to provide compliant and Industry best practice.
- Lead with design development associated with sustainability, environmental and energy savings initiatives. Identify innovations and technical strategies to allow continuous improvement such as developments in the Smart Buildings arena.
- Analyse performance of contractors, consultants and suppliers and identify alternative strategies where appropriate.
- Coach, train and develop the Project Management team to ensure the performance output is continually improved.
- Maintain good communication with all stakeholders, ensuring that any feedback from failure or incident is dealt with effectively and communicated accordingly.
- Ensure building designs and projects incorporate and take consideration of all Business Continuity Plans strategic requirements.
- Build, manage, lead and motivate an integrated, inclusive and flexible team, ensuring that people with the right range of skills and experience are recruited and retained, and that their skills and professional capabilities are maximised.
- Be the owner of the risk and control environment for your area and be accountable for the quality of you and your team’s outputs
- Contribute to the creation and development of a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation, collaborating across departments.
- Exercise cost control and manage expenditure to work within the agreed operating budget
- Ensure adherence to our compliance policies.
- Undertake any other work that may be reasonably required from time to time
- Undertake work in accordance with policies and principles.
- Substantial experience gained at a managerial level. o Able to interface and effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation. o Customer-focused showing tact and diplomacy. o Negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Logical, methodical, common sense approach to problem solving and resource management.
- Excellent judgement with the ability to prioritise effectively. o Focused on key deliverables.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to motivate staff and contractors to perform to the highest standard. o Enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated.
- Ability to accept change with flexible attitude to work. o Able to advise and guide colleagues in a supportive and interactive fashion. o Innovative. o Act as a mentor to other team members.
- Able to motivate and inspire others to perform.
- Established network within the Design and Construction/ Projects industry.